STUCK MOJO

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Please post all questions, comments & anything related to this artist here.

Declaration Of A Headhunter / HVY1 / Rising

stuck_declaration.jpg
stuck_hvy1.jpg
stuck_rising.jpg

Rich Ward is king!

Next to "the gathering" of testament, stuck mojo's "declaration of a headhunter" is probably my favorite Sneap mix... very heavy yet clear and crisp.

+1!!! I think "Rising" was the first time I had noticed how talented Andy was. Rich Ward's guitar tone on that album is the best I had ever heard!!!! DUKE!!!
And "Headhunter" is the album I set my monitors to! I got to hang out with the "Duke of Metal" a few weeks ago. Real nice guy!

Now Andy, on rising, i hear a nice hammond organ tone on the song "rising"...

Is that a real hammond organ? and if so, how did you record it? (hopefully you remember)

Cheers.

All i know for sure, is that Andy did the drums on that album... i wonder if the rest was recorded at Sneaps studio as well.

i recorded the drums, tho gtrs were set up at my place and tracked by Rich. I did basic stems for Rich then he mixed back home from there. I still haven't heard the finished record actually.

Omg, I didn’t remember Andy mixed those albums!!!
I would really, really love to know… what guitar gear did Rich use on ‘Rising’? It’s kind of "fear factory"-ish.
I hope Andy reads this thread... :cry:

I think both, the FF and the rising were recorded with a 800 with a Soldano Hotmod if I'm not mistaken.

I did know that FF used a modded JCM 800 for Demanufacture, but didn’t know about Stuck Mojo using that too. Maybe Rich bought the Dino’s stolen amp :lol:.
Btw, I’ve just read about the Soldano Hotmod... it’s very similar to what I did to my JCM 800 (I added one extra 12ax7 valve to the preamp section). Gotta check it out.

there's a small pic of the modded JCM800 in the liner notes of 'Declaration Of A Headhunter'.

Sorry to bring this old thread up, it's just that I've doing some A/B comparisions with different marshall cabs (w/v30's, greenback's, etc) and it seems that the greenback-loaded one is most similar to this sound. Andy, are you there to enlighten us?