TESTAMENT

Back to rumors of the new material....i read on a forum or two (cant recal where now) that nick barker may be joining the band to record drums..... If anyone has any info on this id love to know.....barker is a beast....

Apparently its true. According to Barker

Great...thanks alot guys...i shouldve known that i read it here hahah. Anyway this is great news...i hope they use him to his full potential!

Is there any chance we can get some settings on the amp for The Gathering? That is one crushing rhythm sound and I'd have absolutely no idea how to pull that out of a recto!

Anything from what channel, some rough settings... tubescreamers??

I thought I readon the Gathering that the Bass Drum sounds on The Gathering were a mix of 2 BD sounds off the Alesis D4. Anyone know what 2 sounds were used or what some of the prefered sounds off that unit are for metal.
Thanks!

Is there any chance we can get some settings on the amp for The Gathering? That is one crushing rhythm sound and I'd have absolutely no idea how to pull that out of a recto!

Anything from what channel, some rough settings... tubescreamers??

I'm pretty sure no tube screamer. I'm also pretty sure it was a beta 57 or something slightly weird.

I thought I readon the Gathering that the Bass Drum sounds on The Gathering were a mix of 2 BD sounds off the Alesis D4. Anyone know what 2 sounds were used or what some of the prefered sounds off that unit are for metal.
Thanks!
"The kick on The Gathering was a combination of monster and fusion off the D4, and it was actually James Murphy sat at his keyboard, trying to hit them both at the same time (we then sampled the result), so they're not in phase, just a good combination."

Just watched Live in London for the first time and is it just me or does Chuck's psuedo-air-guitar-with-the-mic-stand schtick get on anyone else's nerves? :D

.....not that I'd ever tell the man....he's fucking huge!

"Chunk Billy" according to Mr. Milano.:lol: Yeah the air guitar thing. He air plays the riffs pretty good though. It wouldn't be so bad if the video editor didn't cut to HIM while your trying to watch Alex rip it up! Chuck's totally gonna kick are asses!

Just watched Live in London for the first time and is it just me or does Chuck's psuedo-air-guitar-with-the-mic-stand schtick get on anyone else's nerves? :D

.....not that I'd ever tell the man....he's fucking huge!

Hehe, I don't really mind him doing that. Better than him just standing there. I'm just glad that his thought of more things to say to the crowd since then, cos "how deaos it feel? YEAH" starts to get old when you watch a DVD enough :p

Yeah well, i couldn't imagine him doing the Bruce Dickinson "run around like a madman" routine, but he needs to find something else to do. If he's gonna play air guitar that much, someone should get him a tennis racket :D

Nice to see his pipes are still intact though. Can't wait for the new album. Yesterday was a Testament day with me listening to the Gathering 3 times at work, then watching that DVD at home.

Saw this on blabbermouth a few days back if anyone is interested. :heh:

TESTAMENT's current lineup — drummer Nick Barker (DIMMU BORGIR, CRADLE OF FILTH) alongside original members Alex Skolnick (guitar), Greg Christian (bass), Eric Peterson (guitar) and Chuck Billy (vocals) — is currently working on new material for an upcoming CD release.

Guitarist Eric Peterson exclaims, "Working hard with Nick on some new ideas and some cool old-school styles and it's coming together really killer! Six songs already in the can so far! Just waiting for the Chief [singer Chuck Billy] to come up with some lyrics to match, we get into the studio to track the drums in June...looking forward to busting out some new ones for this summer at the festivals and get a reaction!"

Chuck Billy states: "It’s been a long time coming, this new album is like a good wine, you throw in the grapes and 'CRUSH'."

"The kick on The Gathering was a combination of monster and fusion off the D4, and it was actually James Murphy sat at his keyboard, trying to hit them both at the same time (we then sampled the result), so they're not in phase, just a good combination."

What about the snare? What was used to get that sound? Love the drum sound on The Gathering.
Anyone have an Alesis D4 they could grab these (monster and fusion) kick sounds from?

The D4 (and DM5) sounds are available as soundfonts, just search for them on Google ;)