The Most Universally Respected Bands (among metalheads)

Seriously, Gordian Knot are like a whole lot more interesting and atmospheric version of Dream Theater. No vocals either. Plus, the emphasis is not on silly virtuosity but simply on creating a nice ambience.

LaBrie is indeed the perfect singer for D.T., i accept the fact that he is weak when performing live (he can't hit a high pitched note to save his life), at least he was like that even in 1998 when i first saw them live, but he has made some outstanding pieces of singing in the albums. His performances are totally attached to the songs, like them or not, some of them even make the songs and increase their quality. Noone could think any other singer in his place. For anyone who declares that he sucks and he is unworthy and bla bla bla i have three words to say: Space Dye Vest (and three bonus words : One Last Time).

still, i think that, except for black sabbath, there´s not a single band you can say that you are listening to withouth someone not respecting the band

I've seen people disrespecting Black Sabbath on here before. I mean, by the standards of black and death metal they are a soft band.

I've seen people disrespecting Black Sabbath on here before. I mean, by the standards of black and death metal they are a soft band.

i dont really like black sabbath, iron man is like the only song worth listening to for me, i hate ozzy's vocals, but they basically started heavy metal so they deserve respect for it.

^ It surprises you that more people want to listen to normal vocals than unintelligible screeches?