The Official Food Thread

French themed dinner party last night. I was charged with soup and salad. Did smaller individual portions as if catering. French onion soup. Pretty standard. Seasoned, cubed, and cooked a couple of rib eye steaks and let it sit overnight for the flavor to develop. Came out good.

Did you take that picture? Looks professional. That French onion soup looks fucking amazing, pardon my french! god i'm corny =/

Looks really good though, I have never made that soup before, I think I might have to give that a try.

Yes I took the pic. Thanks! Ridiculously easy soup to make.

Did another small party tonight. Shrimp poached in white wine and cajun spices with a key lime dipping sauce, a spicy conch chowder, and coconut/curry crusted chicken with a rum and mango sauce. Chicken came out kinda shitty and bland but I know how to fix it for next time. Conch chowder was awesome and the savages devoured the whole pot.

YUMMMMMMM

Corned beef and cabbage and Scotch eggs and carrot cake from the local "old people" Italian restaurant.

1896833_10100163096520145_263520425_n.jpg

Man, Laura, Scotch eggs is something that makes me drool all over the place yet I never get a chance to try them... I also love the idea of boiled eggs being in a pie with meat, cheese etc.

Making mediterranean style chicken for lunch today.

Made some Quiche for the first time. I made with Ham, Cheddar Cheese, and some Spinach. I forgot how much I like quiche, I will be making many, many more. So good, and unbelievably simple to make.

Out of the oven and sitting for about 45 minutes.

15d9nr6.jpg

Plated.

2hrjz0x.jpg

That looks sexy man.

My dinner today was a whole roasted chicken, rice and beans, and all the cheap beer I could hold. I ate like a redneck god.

That looks sexy man.

My dinner today was a whole roasted chicken, rice and beans, and all the cheap beer I could hold. I ate like a redneck god.

Dinner today? Wow you must live in china or some place. I don't start drinking till 5:00pm, I'll have some dinner a few hours after, and I'm about an hour away from some good suds.

Cheers!

Italian Sausage Chili No Beans - Feel free to add beans if you like!

This came out really well, very spicy and very tasty. This recipe calls for beans, but I'm not a big fan of beans in chili, I made it with just the meat. Just throw all the ingredients below into a pot, mix well and enjoy. Cook for about 2 hours at a low temp, make sure the sausage is fully cooked though, and your set.

1 tablespoon olive oil for browning the sausage
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 pounds Italian sausage
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup tomato chopped and diced i used from the can chopped and diced
1 red bell pepper chopped and diced
1 green bell pepper chopped and diced

talcu8.jpg

Another dish with chilli from the other night, this one is a stoner classic Chilli with Velveeta cheese, super bad for you but super good tasting. =)

se81t3.jpg

I'm not too keen on the Velveeta, but that's just me.

Tonight I made New England Greek pizza. This one has feta, black olives, onions, garlic, and oregano.
1175276_10101014222781484_986689089_n.jpg

But it's "Greek pizza" even with more standard topics in this sense, because it's a style found in Greek-owned pizza places in New England - pan pizza with a blend of mozzarella and cheddar.

I will make pizza tomorrow and then I'll post pictures because this thread pisses me off.

Typical bachelor meal for one. Everything comes out of a bag or is frozen and can be pan fried or microwaved. Kale, turkey burger, sliced white mushrooms, sweet potato. Greek yogurt, BBQ sauce, goat cheese. Sesame and olive oil, lemon pepper sprinkle, garlic powder, smoked paprika powder, dill.

507b2e78b3a911e3aa520e5d6fd881bf_8.jpg