The Official Food Thread

I like my meat RAW and worm-infected ONLY. No I mean get real on the grill, who could ever have uncooked meat nowadays besides India may be, that's fkd up! Did they look at you strange? What country are you from in Europe?

You see, it's not about worms, it's going through quality controls and all. It's about the psychological thing of having a feeling that youre eating a raw meat. It's popular to eat tartare steaks in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany. They say overcooked meat is less tender, hard to chew and has less of proteines.

It is a scary thing indeed...
once-you-go-black_o_992004.jpg

Made some Mozzarella and Parmesan Meatballs

Mixed together the parmesan cheese and minced beef, with your generic ingredients that you always make meatballs with.

Seared the balls and put in some pasta sauce at the bottom.

x0zjih.jpg

Poured the remaining bottle of pasta sauce, then added some Mozzarella on top.

2h6akx5.jpg

Here it is out of the oven.

fub7r6.jpg

Had to get a shot, so much cheesy goodness.

154c3tv.jpg

Here it is plated, looks very messy, but came out tasting good.

syscqv.jpg

Meatballs look amazing!

Alina, I like steak medium. Pink but not red. I too am disgusted by raw land animals for the most part, although I've had gourmet quality raw horse meat with soy sauce and enjoyed that.

Alina, I like steak medium. Pink but not red. I too am disgusted by raw land animals for the most part, although I've had gourmet quality raw horse meat with soy sauce and enjoyed that.
Hey Laura! I also prefer medium as it's kinda the golden middle, but sometimes they make it still too raw.
Raw horse meat? Like tartare raw?

I made a killer marinara sauce last night. Here's the recipe:

1/3 cup olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 small can tomato paste
2 32 oz. cans San Marzano tomatoes, undrained
fresh basil, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup red wine
1 tsp. oregano
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 lb. mushrooms, chopped

Saute onions in olive oil on medium-high heat until translucent, then throw in garlic for 3 more minutes, then throw in everything else, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour. Italian sausage or meatballs optional.

My chili cheese nachos:

28063_chile_cheese_nachos_600.jpg

Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Meanwhile, shred 1 pound of sharp cheddar cheese. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread about half of a 14-ounce bag of tortilla chips on the baking sheet in an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the chips. Repeat with remaining chips and cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and evenly top with 4 cups warm chili and 1 cup sour cream or crema. Serve immediately.

No one responded to me asking if they could see my pics, but I'm assuming that was me. I changed host, is anyone able to see my pics?

My chili cheese nachos:

28063_chile_cheese_nachos_600.jpg

Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Meanwhile, shred 1 pound of sharp cheddar cheese. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread about half of a 14-ounce bag of tortilla chips on the baking sheet in an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over the chips. Repeat with remaining chips and cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and evenly top with 4 cups warm chili and 1 cup sour cream or crema. Serve immediately.

That sounds good but, why not take a picture of your cooking.