The Official Food Thread

PP made a pot roast

Bd85k-BCQAAWQqa.jpg:large

Made some homemade Mayonnaise, I went through 3 attempts using all of my good oil, not until my 4th attempt at which I used the cheapo oil did I finally make some. The problem I found is that most ingredients use just a little to much oil and not enough egg yolk, which makes the mayo oily.

Anyway, it tastes great, and I'm looking forward to making it again with some good oils, I've heard peanut oil is the best to use, even over olive oil. I'll experiment and see.

Just from my taste test tonight (I'll be making some sandwiches with it tomorrow) I can already tell it's WAY better than store bought.

This is a link to the method I used, make sure to use 3/4 cup of oil not the 1 cup they say in the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Philly Cheese Steak:

Chopped up some red and green bell pepper, with a chopped white onion.

Cooked them in some oil for about 2 minutes.

Added in the beef, till cooked thoroughly

Placed bread on a clean baking sheet then topped with the beef, peppers and onions.

Placed some swiss cheese and provolone.

Put in broiler for about 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and outside of bread is crispy.

1 word - Yum! =)

8628h66i5

ct8aixtv1

Made an awesome sugarless berry pie with apples last night. Used honey and concentrated grape juice. Here's the story.

So here's the crust from scratch:
pie_zps60b21164.jpg

Here's the good stuff in it. I couldn't stop eating that sauce.
pie3_zps3fa145ce.jpg

the top layer on top of it.

pie2_zps7b886b0e.jpg

and this is literally how much i ate of it.
pie4_zpsc3f15429.jpg

Looks good!

I'm making a cheesecake tonight, I hope it turns out to be half as good as that pie looks!

*Edit: Did you take those pictures upside down?

Cheesecake turned out pretty good, my first time making it can't wait to have a slice tomorrow with some homemade strawberry sauce.

0208140042.jpg

Swat: on my phone it shows upside down but on the computer it's the right side. Idk what goes on.

I want to see inside the cheesecake!

Swat: on my phone it shows upside down but on the computer it's the right side. Idk what goes on.

I want to see inside the cheesecake!

I brought the pie over to my friends place and between me and all his family we devoured it, I didn't take any pictures of the inside =(

It did taste pretty good though!

This is one of the better lunches I've had in a long time.

Homemade Baguette with some roast beef I made the night before, homemade Mayonnaise, some Dijon mustard, and a side of homemade cottage fries. All in all everything tasted very good.

o9mmbk.jpg

I wanted to make a nice budget meal with steak.

This is just a cheapo chuck steak for a few bucks I cooked this on a hot skillet, near the end I added in a knob of butter with some fresh thyme.

hx86k6.jpg

Not a good photo but I cooked Korean food for PP on Thursday. Bulgogi (marinated beef) and japchae (sweet potato noodles with veg), super easy to make

1606890_10100353194188358_1941638186_n.jpg

mnjx.jpg

i've been far from being original today with this, yet I needed a dose of some french fries... The only thing about food in Europe i will never get is their passion for half raw meat. They asked me how I want the steak to be cooked and I asked for "medium". Well, the meat was barely cooked and everybody seemed to be happy about it, I asked to cook it more, as only the look of it was making me sick. How can anyone possibly enjoy that?
how do you like your steaks?