The Official Movie Thread

I see Chris Sun released another movie with John Jarrett last year called The Possessed.

I liked Hellraiser more than most people seem to.

I think when you watch a lot of movies, something as inoffensive and vanilla as the new Hellraiser hits you like a brick wall. I know a bunch of "normie" people who enjoyed it and most people I know who hate it are cinema autists. It's just a very conventional movie I suppose.

I also didn't find the new Hellraiser as objectionable as others; but after the string of utter shit that the franchise has put out, I guess it makes sense that the new movie would seem fine. It is very conventional, and in no way reaches the heights of the original two films. If you watch it with the spirit of the first two or three films in mind, then it pales. But as someone who actually tried to watch the more recent entries, it felt like a breath of fresh air.

New Hellraiser looks like a SyFy original and I hate it so much. Turning the Chatterer into a RE cgi monster is unforgivable

I also didn't find the new Hellraiser as objectionable as others; but after the string of utter shit that the franchise has put out, I guess it makes sense that the new movie would seem fine. It is very conventional, and in no way reaches the heights of the original two films. If you watch it with the spirit of the first two or three films in mind, then it pales. But as someone who actually tried to watch the more recent entries, it felt like a breath of fresh air.

I gave up on Hellraiser after the second one so I don't really know how low the bar got but the new one still worked well for family movie night. My teenage daughter who didn't know the original and hadn't heard the BS surrounding the re-release, enjoyed it so fuck the naysayers! :)

Although I probably agree that my daughter's opinion of movies should not be counted. We watched Clerks III last night and she laughed at all the childish and immature jokes....just like I did.

Reactions: CiG
142404114_max.jpg

The first movie I put on in the background while I was doing dishes and stuff, for this one I was glued to the screen the whole time. Feeling the urge to obsess about this series like I'm 12 and just discovered it for the first time.

I will probably check this out since I really liked The Square.
I actually liked this better than "The Square", but that might be due to my personal taste, so I'm curious what you think of it. I'm also still not sure how to interpret the last scene of this movie. Does it give any clue with regard to the second last scene? If you or anyone else who has seen the movie should have any idea, l'd like to hear it.

142404114_max.jpg

The first movie I put on in the background while I was doing dishes and stuff, for this one I was glued to the screen the whole time. Feeling the urge to obsess about this series like I'm 12 and just discovered it for the first time.

i always loved the section of the first film that you seemingly aren't so enamoured with, the more small scale intimate stuff when they're first leaving the shire and getting hunted by the nazgul etc, although this may be coloured by it being my probably my favourite part of the books. that feeling of innocence giving way to threat and malice really hit me as a kid, i think some of that atmosphere is lost at times later on once you've waded into the gimli-legolas bantz and extensive focus on pippin/merry's tomfoolery etc. that said, movie 2 is massively elevated by gollum who might my favourite interpretation of a literary 'monster' in any movie ever, and the saruman stuff is awesome as well.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
24. Terrifier 2
Utterly unhinged sequel that mixes coming-of-age drama, ultra-splatter, sadistic horror, supernatural horror, and a fuckin' fantasy style hero's journey! Amazing soundtrack, a non-cringe strong female lead, the clown cafe scene definitely tested me but thankfully it was the only real weak moment. The way the film is structured reminded me of Scanners for some reason.

I would agree with most of this. I do think the movie could have been shorter and still had just as much impact. Art getting out and about the town a bit more was good and for me gave the sequel more of a story. The scenes at the start in the morgue, especially with the eyeball was funny, and without giving away specific scenes there was a few other funny moments but I did think the first movie was funnier. The scenes in the credits set it up for another movie or two in the franchise, but why the fuck couldn't they kill Chris Jericho?

Also whatever the hell Art uses in the washing machine to get his suit clean should be mass marketed immediately!

Yeah the first was definitely funnier. I think that's probably because it had no plot and very one dimensional characters, so Art did all the heavy lifting. Running length is a pretty common complaint, but personally I thought it was well paced so I didn't really notice.

My only real complaint was the younger brother, both his script and the actual actor's performance. Left a lot to be desired.

Yeah I've seen that kid in something else and he was equally as bad nerdy, it was lucky his sister made up for his bad scenes.

I was kind of happy to be proven wrong by the end. I thought I figured out who Art was and for that reason I thought the story was going to have a predictable ending. But in the end we still don't know anything for sure and that does leave some temptation for a third one to explain things and not just be another gorefest.

Yeah at first...
then I thought it was a connection to Dad. I think the dad bit has definitely been written off now, but I still think there must be some connection.

Yeah at first...
then I thought it was a connection to Dad. I think the dad bit has definitely been written off now, but I still think there must be some connection.

Absolutely, if he was having visions and doing drawings etc. In hindsight I really love that they left all of that stuff a mystery. I hadn't even thought much about how all of that stuff was left unresolved until now haha! Noww I'm even more keen for part 3.

Reactions: Slammed