The Official Movie Thread

Have you seen Charlie's Farm or the director's other film Boar btw?

I just watched Boar. Shit that's funny. The way people spoke to each other and the conversations they had were great. The conversations in the pubs. Ernie asking for a smoke and getting $20. Two drunk as fuck old farts staggering through the bush with a shotgun and a torch. The boyfriend pushing stepdad in front of the boar to save himself. The piss poor quality of filming when the boar takes stepdad and the boyfriend. And then big boy takes on the boar in hand to hairy fucking beast combat. Shit I'd forgotten how bad movies can be so good, I might have to watch it again soon!

Reactions: CiG
I just watched Boar. Shit that's funny. The way people spoke to each other and the conversations they had were great. The conversations in the pubs. Ernie asking for a smoke and getting $20. Two drunk as fuck old farts staggering through the bush with a shotgun and a torch. The boyfriend pushing stepdad in front of the boar to save himself. The piss poor quality of filming when the boar takes stepdad and the boyfriend. And then big boy takes on the boar in hand to hairy fucking beast combat. Shit I'd forgotten how bad movies can be so good, I might have to watch it again soon!
Hell yeah I loved all those moments too! Pretty much every single Ernie Dingo scene was gold. Like when he said drinks on the house, if you're a blackfella, and then one of the guys at the pub says he's ducking outside quick to get a tan. :lol:

Shit is gold.

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah Ernie's role was only short but it was definitely memorable.
I wonder what Ernie's Drilling drilled for.
Hugh Sheridan strutting across the paddock in his footy shorts like he was some kind of pretty boy was some terrible acting, it's no wonder the boar got upset!
I loved the entry of the bar chick at the end too when her ute came from nowhere over the hill smashed into the big fucker, talk about a rough ride

Bill Moseley playing the nice father-in-law was also hilarious, especially in contrast to Hugh Sheridan playing a massive piece of shit. Poor bastard!
I loved the entry of the bar chick at the end too when her ute came from nowhere over the hill smashed into the big fucker, talk about a rough ride

Tkautz ruled in that role.

Reactions: Slammed
Bill Moseley playing the nice father-in-law was also hilarious,

"That's why you let him call you Robbie!"
Made me wonder if stepdad and Bernie maybe hadn't seen eye to eye the first time they met.

I could never have told you the bar chick's name but I knew I recognised her.
I remembered mum from Hey Dad, she was fuckable even back then!

Saw this at the theatre last night. Fascinating and funny, but also kinda creepy that this really fucking annoying and litigious guy is out there. He's been ringing up all the theatres telling them not to show the film about him, and apparently even attended one screening, sitting at the back and muttering loudly through almost the whole thing. Amazing.

Hey @CiG if you haven't already seen Chris Sun's Daddy's Little Girl it's worth seeing, it's fucking horrific

@CiG I just finished watching The Possessed (Chris Sun) it's worth watching just to see John Jarrett dance like Peter Garrett!

It is a bit of a clichéd topic, it's not really anything new but it's not a bad movie. Some of the cast are from his other movies, some from Aussie soapies and they even got one of those chicks from Goggle box in there, so the quality of acting isn't superb, but it doesn't need to be either. The transformations aren't bad and there is some quirky little shit throughout, but I doubt it will win any awards for excellence. They've also left it wide open for a sequel.

Yeah I like to support Aussies ding their thing...by watching dodgy copies of their movies on the internet!
There was one I couldn't get, but I haven't tried really dodgy ways yet.

I went through a Kevin Smith phase a few weeks ago.

Fast & Furious films ranked:

1. Fast Five
2. The Fast and the Furious
3. Fast & Furious 6
4. Fast & Furious ('09)
5. 2 Fast 2 Furious
6. The Fate of the Furious
7. F9
8. Furious 7
9. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
10. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

Been watching through the Mission: Impossible movies recently, watched Ghost Protocol last night. It's not bad but I'm a bit surprised by how much people like it. I found it was trying too hard to be funny at times, easily the weakest of the first four imo.

My wife made the mistake of telling me “we’ve already seen this” a couple too many times to films I’ve been watching lately so now we can watch some I know she’s never witnessed.

208A82AA-7510-46E5-A1C5-4979501708A2.jpeg literal Japanese Evil Dead ripoff. 9/10 stupidity.

@CiG ...be watching this soon....i finally remembered

HdoLQSU.jpeg