The Official Movie Thread

Terrifier 2 was utterly demented. In hindsight, taking the wife along was probably not the wisest relationship choice.
I had a hilarious debate with Sami (Reverend Bizarre) about this movie on Facebook. He was convinced the movie is a misogynistic piece of shit directed by an incel. :lol:

the new sight and sound poll is out, and it's pretty wild lol. i'm mostly just glad i don't have to hear about it anymore for another ten years.

edit: @CiG will be happy with #30!
Surprised you remember how much I love Portrait of a Lady on Fire. I'm also really happy to see Tokyo Story at #4.

I had a hilarious debate with Sami (Reverend Bizarre) about this movie on Facebook. He was convinced the movie is a misogynistic piece of shit directed by an incel. :lol:.

WTF? Now I'm convinced that I'm no good at rating movies, I totally missed all that!

Reactions: CiG
Fuck it must be hard for some people to watch movies when all they are focusing on is finding something to be offended by.

the new sight and sound poll is out, and it's pretty wild lol. i'm mostly just glad i don't have to hear about it anymore for another ten years.

edit: @CiG will be happy with #30!

Damn, had no idea Portrait was that much of a critical darling. Then again, don't know how much stock I should put in a list without Ebola Syndrome on it. Better luck next decade morons.

i’ve seen people say that ohhh finally the straight white male stranglehold over the canon has been loosened, and yeah ok i don’t think that’s a bad thing, but i also can’t think of anything whiter than thinking get out and moonlight are the pinnacle of black cinema lmao. i do think the choices for female directors aren’t so bad on the whole though.

I had a hilarious debate with Sami (Reverend Bizarre) about this movie on Facebook. He was convinced the movie is a misogynistic piece of shit directed by an incel.

To be fair, it probably is a misogynistic piece of shit directed by an incel. But trying to perform that kind of social critique on a movie deliberately designed to offend and appall misses the point doesn't it.

Eh I don't think so, he was pearl-clutching hardcore. Made the rookie mistake of thinking a misogynistic antagonist = misogynistic film.

i’ve seen people say that ohhh finally the straight white male stranglehold over the canon has been loosened, and yeah ok i don’t think that’s a bad thing, but i also can’t think of anything whiter than thinking get out and moonlight are the pinnacle of black cinema lmao. i do think the choices for female directors aren’t so bad on the whole though.

By the way, I would've voted for Get Out a third time if I could.

My missus tricked me into watching Spirited last night. She didn't tell me what we were watching but she got me bourbon and chips and when she knew I was beyond wanting to get out of the chair she put a singing Will Farrell and Ryan Reynolds on. Geezus what sort of mean person does that!!

Next weekend I'm going to tell her we are watching a heart warming movie about a mute man who learns to make new friends in a world that doesn't understand him and then I'll put Terrifier on!

James Gunn After Scrapped ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Draft: ‘We Are Not Going to Make Every Single Person Happy’
“Peter and I chose to helm DC Studios knowing we were coming into a fractious environment, both in the stories being told and in the audience itself and there would be an unavoidable transitional period as we moved into telling a cohesive story across film, TV, animation, and gaming,” Gunn wrote in a Twitter thread published on Thursday. “We know we are not going to make every single person happy every step of the way, but we can promise everything we do is done in the service of the STORY and in the service of the DC CHARACTERS we know you cherish and we have cherished our whole lives.”

Following the news break, sources told IndieWire that Jenkins, who helmed the first two “Wonder Woman,” submitted a draft of the film she co-wrote with Geoff Johns, but the film’s story didn’t work with the current direction of films at DC Studios, and Jenkins had no desire to make alterations to the project. While Jenkins is likely out from the project, star Gal Gadot’s future involvement with the franchise remains an open question.
Daddy Gunn flexing hard right now. It's about time someone did something about DC, the Wonder Woman movies have been terrible.