The Official Movie Thread

I dont think any of my buddies would like that movie so hopefully I can get lucky and find a DL link, i don't want to wait 6 months to see that flick.

Saw The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford last night.
Thought it was okay...I probably wasn't in the mood for a thoughtful, intelligent movie, though.

there's a few of his masters of horror movies on instant netflix if you're ever bored, ive seen Jenifer and pelts both ok but nothing really all that awesome...cant really do a good horror in an hour anyways imo.

but if you havent started, Suspiria is probably his best cinematography film i'd say. but anything past that into the 80s is great. I have like 3-4 movies to see from his 70s-80s era to finish his good stuff. Opera, Tenebrae, Phenomena are just awesome.

Add Deep Red to that list and your good to go.

I bought Centuries Of Torment the other day and I just watched the history. Really interesting stuff. It was a great documentary. I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't really talk about their latter albums after Gallery Of Suicide like they did with their early stuff. I know those times probably weren't quite as interesting as their early work, but still.

I have yet to look into the performances disc or the third bonus disc yet aside from a few performances.

Hellraiser remake: Slick new effects + a couple of cheap scares made by loud noises + a couple brutal kill scenes = almost every horror movie made in the last couple years = shite.

August Rush - Was okay.

Bon Cop, Bad Cop - I couldn't get into this. Seemed like it tried too hard to be a funny buddy movie.

Black Devil Doll From Hell, what a piece of shit, but bad enough to be completely hilarious too. I'm looking forward to the remake, it's definitely a premise that could be lots of fun.

blackdevildollfromhell.jpg