The Official Movie Thread

I'm not saying he's in the movie i'm just comparing him to matt damon because they both are some of the most shitty actors ever.

Go do your stand up routine!

Since the Pop Culture thread is more towards well mainstream movies. I asking you to have a discussion on underground,experimental and independent movies.

Right now I am enjoying...

Inland Empire(David Lynch)
Mulholland dr.(David Lynch)
Brick(Rian Johnson)
Babel(Alejandro González Iñárritu)
Lost in Translation(Sofia Coppola)
The Dreamers(Bernardo Bertolucci)
Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens(1992 silent film version)(F.W. Murnau)

Just a few that I have been enjoying in the past two months.

Of those on your list the only one I have seen was Babel, while I have been meaning for awhile to sit down and watch the original Nosferatu silent film.

I am a film major so I see a lot of 'art' cinema. Most of it I do enjoy. I haven't seen much over the summer but Candy (2006) I thought was really fucking good even if overly typical in most places. The chemistry between the protagonists felt extremely authentic which is I guess what made the whole movie work.

Some of my favorites:

Wild Strawberries
2001: A Space Odyssey
Citizen Kane
Rules of the Game
Breathless
The Sweet Hereafter
Atanarjuat
The Red Desert
Blow Up
Before the Rain

...off the top of my head.

"INLAND EMPIRE" is by far the best film of 2006. Really everyone should see a David Lynch film or at least one of his fucked up films.

I was meaning to check out the Inland Empire but completely forgot about it.

I'm mainly into Independent and foreign/European films, I really enjoy the Hungarian film Kontroll. But unfortunately I don't really watch a lot of movies because I have little access to 'good' movies, only the lame popular Hollywood movies.

I was meaning to check out the Inland Empire but completely forgot about it.

I'm mainly into Independent and foreign/European films, I really enjoy the Hungarian film Kontroll. But unfortunately I don't really watch a lot of movies because I have little access to 'good' movies, only the lame popular Hollywood movies.

Hollywood movies are not all lame. 300 is a great big film that pushes the limit. Its like music. Some major music is good if you come with a open mind.

Of those on your list the only one I have seen was Babel, while I have been meaning for awhile to sit down and watch the original Nosferatu silent film.

I am a film major so I see a lot of 'art' cinema. Most of it I do enjoy. I haven't seen much over the summer but Candy (2006) I thought was really fucking good even if overly typical in most places. The chemistry between the protagonists felt extremely authentic which is I guess what made the whole movie work.

Some of my favorites:

Wild Strawberries
2001: A Space Odyssey
Citizen Kane
Rules of the Game
Breathless
The Sweet Hereafter
Atanarjuat
The Red Desert
Blow Up
Before the Rain

...off the top of my head.