The Official Movie Thread

hahaha wtf i literally opened this thread to post exactly that :|

yeah the trailer got to me too (and made me listen to that whole arcade fire album), i suspect i'm gonna love this. :) rofl at that beast thing being tony soprano though

I watched The Strangers today. Very predictable and cliche but the worst part was Liv Tyler's lips, now that was a horrifying sight...in every scene! :erk:

So, judging from the trailer, I love the concept and visual imagery of Pandorum. That, and I also like to think that Ben Foster has good taste in which films he chooses to participate in.

But the trailer itself is so incredibly cheesy ("what if you discovered... you were not alone."), and also: from the producers of Resident Evil? This movie is shaping up to be something which I hope will be amazing, but I just know is going to turn out as complete bullshit.

Might be interesting if you've seen American Movie (great film)
Mike seems a bit behind.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9h0pm-fSEQ&feature=related[/ame]

Finally saw Watchmen. Some of the acting was crap ( except Rorscach, I thought that was nailed).It almost seemed like some of the actors were cast more on the similar appearance to the characters then their acting skills.Not a bad movie, visually very stunning.

most trailers are pretty shitty tbh, definitely never a good idea to judge a film based on one. but yeah you might be right anyway in this case.

I completely agree, most trailers are a poor depiction of the film. With many films I really like, often the trailers portray them as something entirely different. I'm guessing it's probably because the trailer was made to appeal to a broad audience. And any trailer with that overdramatic 'voice guy' is terrible.

I'm watching Year of the Dragon.

Mickey Rourke looks, sounds and acts just like Bruce Willis. If this was on TV and someone told me it was Bruce Willis I'd prolly believe them. Pretty good film so far.

I still haven't seen the new Underworld film but I really enjoy the others. For the shitty, younger person oriented, violent, action kinda movies they're some of the best I think.