The Official Movie Thread

I love how at the end of The Departed when Matt Damon has groceries and opens his door and Mark Wahlberg is standing right there and shoots him in the head. I can't exactly recall what Matt Damon says, but it made me LOL.

Well, many reviewers and critics have stated that the new Halloween re-make is one of the most brutally violent and offensive things they have ever seen, lacking any real substance beneath the brutality.

Sounds like a good way to spend my Friday night after work, SUBSTANCE BE DAMNED!

I love how at the end of The Departed when Matt Damon has groceries and opens his door and Mark Wahlberg is standing right there and shoots him in the head. I can't exactly recall what Matt Damon says, but it made me LOL.

You should probably warn people before you spoil the endings of movies, dipshit. I've seen it already, but not everyone has.

so I watched Big Fish tonight for the first time in a couple of years...still as good as the first time. gets me all weepy eyed. tim burton should stick to making good movies

Well, many reviewers and critics have stated that the new Halloween re-make is one of the most brutally violent and offensive things they have ever seen, lacking any real substance beneath the brutality.

Sounds like a good way to spend my Friday night after work, SUBSTANCE BE DAMNED!

So, those critics are all fucking pussies. The movie was neither terribly offensive or more violent than any other horror movie. Critics are cunts.

so I watched Big Fish tonight for the first time in a couple of years...still as good as the first time. gets me all weepy eyed. tim burton should stick to making good movies

This film did not do it for me at all, but then again I've never been into the whole Tim Burton thing.

I watched Aguirre: Wrath Of God again today and it's even better second time through. I love the music in it, good ol' Popol Vuh.
I'm also about half-way through Brazil, which is pretty good so far, but I'd like to see it done without the comedy elements, which are spoiling it a bit at the moment.

My roommate went to see the new Mr. Bean movie today, and he said it was better than the reviews claim. Anyone else agree?