The Official Movie Thread

nbc_the_more_you_know1.jpg

I wish to bend my mind and anyone that gets too close to me halloween night and the rest of the weekend... so far I have a bunch of my favorites ready to go...

The Evil Dead trilogy
Zombie Flesh Eaters (Zombi 2, Island of the Dead... whatever the fuck you want to call it)
Braindead (the lawnmower scene is a crowd pleaser)
Susperia
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Hatchet
Nosferatu (87 years old and still creepy as FUCK)

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Paranormal Activity- So much better han I could have ever hoped. I had heard good things and they are true. This is one of the best horror movies I have seen. I cannot remember ever being as physically affected by a horror as much as i was by this one. I thought it was very well done and it succeeded in making me uneasy and uncomfortable the entire time. I felt as nervous for night to came as the characters. Recommended.

Really, I saw it and didn't think it was scary at all. But from other people's opinions its a movie that you either love or hate I guess. I've been more scared by Blut Aus Nord.

Really, I saw it and didn't think it was scary at all. But from other people's opinions its a movie that you either love or hate I guess. I've been more scared by Blut Aus Nord.

It is for sure a love/hate kinda movie. I thinkthe reason it was good for me is that I am always totally creeped out by the whole haunting/spirit shit. I was once watching a special on the discovery channel or something on exorcisms and it freaked me out. I just try and think of how I would actually feel if any of that stuff in the movie actually happened to me and if it did I would probably have a stroke.

Watched Leon The Professional.

Good movie. Quite a stretch from time-to-time.

I felt it went too far in sexualizing a girl who was too young for that at the time, though.

Was it the director's cut you watched? Coz that version goes even further in sexualising her. Besson apparently said he wanted to explore the love between a woman trapped a girl's body and a boy trapped in a man's body.