The Official Movie Thread

Anyone seen the fantastic TROLL 2 before?

Even got it in my dvd collection, fucking funny movie.

Last watched:
o_wREcjF7abdzPzRf.jpg

check it out if you are into some brutal shit...

I saw Where The Wild Things Are at the cinema last week. What a bunch of shallow soulless hipster nonsense. My opinion of Spike Jonze took a major dive.

I want to see it...just for the violence.

Well, thats mostly all there is to this movie. Remove the disturbing and violent parts...and there`s not much left. Not a big fan of the movie, but when you think that this is based on true events. You get a little disturbed out of it...

I saw Where The Wild Things Are at the cinema last week. What a bunch of shallow soulless hipster nonsense. My opinion of Spike Jonze took a major dive.

One of the worst movies Ive ever seen...

i liked where the wild things are plenty, the only thing i'm critical of is that it doesn't trust its audience enough and so has to keep giving undue attention to its own analogies and drilling home its intended emotional angle. as i said on criticker it's a visual, emotional and thematic feast only sentimental in a snatched way that feels exhilaratingly, dangerously temporary. that farewell scene is chilling in a way i wasn't really expecting, the father forever leaving behind his doomed trainwreck offspring in order to reconcile with his own mother before it's too late - sticky stuff for a movie like this. the overall tone is a bittersweet mingling of creative and destructive forces which achingly articulates the naked horrors of existence and the process of coming to terms with those horrors.

i liked where the wild things are plenty, the only thing i'm critical of is that it doesn't trust its audience enough and so has to keep giving undue attention to its own analogies and drilling home its intended emotional angle. as i said on criticker it's a visual, emotional and thematic feast only sentimental in a snatched way that feels exhilaratingly, dangerously temporary. that farewell scene is chilling in a way i wasn't really expecting, the father forever leaving behind his doomed trainwreck offspring in order to reconcile with his own mother before it's too late - sticky stuff for a movie like this. the overall tone is a bittersweet mingling of creative and destructive forces which achingly articulates the naked horrors of existence and the process of coming to terms with those horrors.

See I keep hearing descriptions like yours of the movie, but it didn't happen for me at all, I couldn't get "in it" if you know what I mean. It didn't move me in any way. I couldn't pull any psychological meatiness out of the story, it just seemed like a bunch of random events one after the other, supposedly plucked from the mind of this child, but quite obviously plucked from the minds of a couple of hipsters with more interest in production than substance. That might have been well and good but I didn't find it a visual feast either, apart from a few parts like the giant fort and the dunes. The Hand-help camera work was annoying, the creatures looked like sesame street characters and the colours were bland and uninspiring. I basically spent the whole thing going "so?". I thought it would be the cinematic display of the amazing depth of a child's imagination, be it the darker side or not, but it felt like a disjointed mess that went nowhere instead.

Don't know if its already been mentioned...but the soon to be release of Scorsese's SHUTTER ISLAND looks quite good and rather interesting.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iaYLCiq5RM&feature=related[/ame]