The Official Movie Thread

speaking of white and black people, tonight I watched "The Tenants" starring Dylan McDermott and Snoop Dogg. It's apparently based on a novel by Bernard Malamud. It's pretty decent. McDermott plays an already published author working on his third novel but is the only person living in this shithole of a tenement in Brooklyn in the early 70s. Then Snoop rolls in, and he's a writer too...a "militant black writer" as the netflix sleeve describes him. They start off as friends, but then of course shit starts happening.

like I said it wasn't bad. The ending was like something I'd see out of a play.

Well, I was really impressed at how good Anvil: The Story of Anvil was. Things like the cinematography and score were way better than I expected. The commentary track was worthwhile too.

I know I'm probably the last person on the forum to see this, but if I'm not...

Action movie starting Krigloch The Furious

Superhero movie starting Mathias

History epic starting Einherjar86 and Zephyrus

Brady vs Manning movie starting Muzmaze and King Drunkard

A movie about closing stores starting V5

A movie about his kickass life starting The Ozzman

A comedy starting Mutantllama

Strange movie starting Unknown

A scifi movie starting Cookiecutter

A president movie starting Dakryn

What do you people think of the movies if they were real?

Not sure I'd want to star in a history epic with Jeremy. I'm pretty sure the entire experience would consist of him correcting my abhorrent chronological errors and criticizing my depiction of the character I portray.

And I thought I was the best poster on GMD, not Ozz. :cool:

Not sure I'd want to star in a history epic with Jeremy. I'm pretty sure the entire experience would consist of him correcting my abhorrent chronological errors and criticizing my depiction of the character I portray.

That's OK. Russell Crowe can take your place.

Oh I forgot about that Patrick.You are the best poster,but Ozzman is 2 on my list.Lets see what Jeremy thinks about this.

greatest of them all. people talk about certain movies being like poetry but really compared to tarkovsky they're all lumbering and amateurish in that regard.

I love Tarkovsky as much as the next man, but I think this is a bit overboard. Directors like Bela Tarr and Nuri Bilge Ceylan are just as poetic in their cinematography and dialogue imo.

On the topic of Tarkovsky, what do people make of The Sacrifice? As blown away as I was by the imagery, I couldn't help feeling a tiny bit disappointed. This is a beautiful movie don't get me wrong, my disappointment was merely testament to the quality of his other work.