The Official Movie Thread

I thought about making a poll but no. Best hood-movie? As I see it there's five indesputable top movies; Boyz N Tha Hood, Menace II Society, Friday, Juice, and of course Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood.

Just watched Basquiat. Loved it.

The fact that it was about Basquiat might have been a large part of the reason of why I loved it so much. He is by far my favorite, to such an extreme where it makes me tear up.

The Lovely Bones - Oh Peter thou hast failed me finally. Did he call M. Night for advice on this one? What a thin, jumbled mess.

This movie strung me along for quite a while...with a mildly crappy sadness throughout the movie, kinda to the point that you just wanted it to be over so everything would be resolved.

Then we got to the ending. What the fuck was that? The possession thing... then the villian dumping the safe into the sink hole... The villian dying was very added on... and fuck, he was an old man by then.

Did I mention it felt like a hybrid of Mr Rogers and Andy Dick was the villian of the movie in the first place?

I have somewhere past 50 dvds but not yet 100. I'm a collector.

Surprisingly, I don't have any Arnie movies. A lot of Clint Eastwood and Stallone though.

Just saw Let The Right One In..greatest vampire movie ever? Well maybe that's an overstatement, but it really shits on this recent vampire trend with Twilight's popularity and shows how a real vampire movie is done..warning: it's bleak as fuck

Just saw Let The Right One In..greatest vampire movie ever? Well maybe that's an overstatement, but it really shits on this recent vampire trend with Twilight's popularity and shows how a real vampire movie is done..warning: it's bleak as fuck

I think it is, and I've seen pretty much every notable example of the genre. Nosferatu is about the only one that could rival it.

Never seen or heard of it (just imdb it though and it sounds promising), I have seen Nosferatu however, and though it's been a while, I think you are right challenge_everything. It probably still is the greatest vampire movie ever, then again it's unfair to compare it to modern vampire flicks due to the fact that it's a silent film

Speaking of which, did anyone see Shadow of the Vampire? The one that portrayed the making of Nosferatu, with Willem Dafoe and John Malkovich

Let the Right One In is fantastic. You're right about the bleakness; Scandinavia is the perfect setting for a film like that. The only part that bugged me was the horrible CGI feline episode. That made me laugh.

I think I would have liked Let The Right One In more if it wasn't Swedish or if I weren't Swedish. I don't know why but I rarely enjoy watching movies in my native language. Except for the works of Ingmar Bergman.