The Official Movie Thread

This Film Is Not Yet Rated - Documentary about the MPAA but there was very little I found myself interested in. I couldn't care less about the board being shrouded in secrecy and this became a game of lol hay i c u!! So they reveal the MPAA board and appeals court and nothing happens. Zzzzzz...

Hell yeah!! That was easily the best scene in the movie. I was screaming like a kid when the video panned out to show Mjöllnir! I then proceeded to play Amon Amarth songs and hope that they use the title track from their latest album in the movie.

Looking forward to Thor, but Iron Man 2 wasn't nearly as good as the first I'd say.

Fist Of Legend - One of my favorite older Jet Li movies. Just revisited it to check out the transfer to Blu. Video was good but the sound didn't get the best treatment.

Gone With The Wind - Had never seen it. Guess I just got it out of the way.

Robin Hood was disappointing. I had been hoping they would loosely follow some of the books, and anyone that isn't a history buff would've been lost.

It surely didn't, but there were some actual events that they didn't even try to describe to the viewer what was going on/where it was etc.

Marked For Death / Out For Justice - Rented them to check the transfer to Blu. I thought Marked looked better but Justice is the superior movie by far. In fact, Justice may be my favorite Seagal movie.

The Messenger - Surprised this didn't get much fanfare considering all of the attention The Hurt Locker got. This had some great acting and only bogged down a little in the third act.

The Messenger - Surprised this didn't get much fanfare considering all of the attention The Hurt Locker got. This had some great acting and only bogged down a little in the third act.

So much better than The Hurt Locker. Everything about it; subject matter, the intensity, the acting... it was just a much better film.

It dealt with the theme of death much more realistically than other military films, I thought.

so last night was a David Carradine tribute night at the New Beverly Cinema which is this new theater that opened up in LA that plays classic movies for only $6 (double features!).

So last night was "Death Race 2000" and "Kill Bill Vol.2" Death Race was highly enjoyable and extremely ridiculous. I loved it. Sylvester Stallone is also in it and just has the funniest goddamn lines if you can even make out what he's saying. It's also probably one of the most amoral movies I've seen in a long time

so after that was Kill Bill Vol. 2. I had seen the first one, so I was curious to see the second. Before it started I stood up to go take a piss. I get in line and who do I see standing two people in front of me? CHRISTOPH WALTZ. Fucking Colonel Landa. I nearly shit myself. I went with my friend Gina and pointed him out to her and she got all giddy too. It was just cool because there he was in a t shirt and jeans hanging out, not being bothered by anybody, watching some movies (one of them by Tarantino).

so that was pretty awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
I get in line and who do I see standing two people in front of me? CHRISTOPH WALTZ. Fucking Colonel Landa. I nearly shit myself. I went with my friend Gina and pointed him out to her and she got all giddy too. It was just cool because there he was in a t shirt and jeans hanging out, not being bothered by anybody, watching some movies (one of them by Tarantino).

so that was pretty awesome

I hope you offered to make a deal with him.

Thirteen Days- (2000?) with Kevin Costner who plays a political advisor to JFK during the cold war / cuban missile crisis etc. Very well done imo. Insightful, intense, pulls you right in...a good look at the goings on within the oval office and other involved parties during that time period. Also, the actors who played JFK and RFK were quite awesome.