The Official Movie Thread

I watched The Human Centipede last night too... It left me feeling pretty fucking weird. The girls were shit, as Hez says. Annoying as hell. But I must give kudos to Six for not going all out gore - theres actually very little blood; the bandages hide it all and leave it up to your imagination. It would've been very easy to go Hostel on this film.

Its still a ridiculous concept, but Dietrich Laser was excellent as the Doctor - really freaking weird.

Think only Wolf Creek has left me with the same feeling of cold and isolation that this one did.

i enjoyed Cracks starring Eva Green. aside from being gorgeous she nailed her role as the troubled teacher. there are also some talented young actresses in this film. i remember thinking "this is pretty good acting, much better than kirsten stewart!"

RIP Dennis Hopper.

45671264.jpg

watched The Lives of Others today and it is fucking phenomenal. Easily one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time. In terms of narrative structure, it works perfectly. The actors and actresses are great. The cinematography and how everything is pictured, the movement of the camera worked for me. I couldn't have enjoyed this movie more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw The Lives of Others a couple of months ago. I found it a solid drama, and it held my interest from beginning to end, but there was nothing that made it stand out to me. I must have been missing something, but I have no idea what. I don't really have any complaints about it except the car accident near the end which was so cliché.

Oh and Terminator 2 is on right now...:kickass:. Haven't seen this movie in quite quite a while but it's a classic for sure. Might rent the first Terminator since I have not seen it yet but hope it's great.

T2 > Terminator

I have been on a nostalgic environmentalist kiddie movies binge.

500141.jpg

Samson & Sally. Denmark, 1984, one of the most psychedelic and dark children's movies ever made I reckon. A dumb little whale named Samson idolizes Moby Dick and goes on a harrowingly dangerous journey looking for him. Harpooners kill his mom, we see animals suffocating and dying in oil spills, and when he finally meets Moby Dick he is a nihilistic old fart and a great disappointment. Samson makes babby with Sally.

the_secret_of_nimh.jpg

Another dark one which I'm sure many of you remember. Don Bluth, so you know cats are portrayed as evil beasts. Based on the book "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH." Themes: animal experimentation, intelligence in rats, pneumonia, treachery and regicide. Very furry-esque sometimes.

FernGully-The-Last-Rainforest.jpg

FUCK this movie is the most '90s movie ever made. Catch phrase: "bodacious babe." Robin Williams does voice acting as deranged yet courageous bat. Evil pollution monster uses human foresters as his means of destroying Fern Gully, a pleasant rainforest haven with big caterpillars and fairies. Male jealousy abounds, not unlike Mickey and The Doctor in the Rose Tyler episodes of newer "Doctor Who."

I dunno man. T2 is far more popular and most people I know liked it better. It is darker and scarier though.

And we can both agree that T3 was poopypants

What do you fellows think of this fine gem:

boss_nigger.jpg

Me and a bunch of friends watched that last semester and it was phenomenal. It's actually the last installment in a trilogy, with the first two films being The Legend of my pals Charley and The Soul of my pals Charley. Check it out:

Last edited by a moderator: