The Official Movie Thread

For acting and atmosphere, Winter's Bone is outstanding. The plot only has a few interesting moments though and there isn't very much suspense to be had(other than the protagonist's main objective).

But it does let you see a lot of the seedy South in extremely vivid detail for what it is and kinda creates an aversion(especially if you now live in it). Hell, I know some people who are just like some of the people in the film within five minutes walking distance.

84/100

I saw American: The Bill Hicks Story last night, really enjoyed it as I knew practically nothing about his life.

I'm currently watching Perfect Blue. Really enjoying it so far but, since I don't have Megavideo, I have to wait an hour to see the rest of it.

EDIT: Wow, totally didn't see the ending coming. Excellent film.

Dub mindfuck

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDthDdZUWL8&feature=related[/ame]

How exactly is this monologue dealt with in the dubbed French version?

Since Germans dub everything, this scene must be even stranger, because there's not even a reference to doing anything specific with the language, like there is in the Matrix clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eastern Promises - Well acted and shot but I didn't feel like it built up to anything urgent and next thing I knew, the credits were rolling.

Get Him To The Greek - Had some funny stuff but didn't feel like it was as good as some of the other Apatow movies.

Just watched C'est Arrive Pres de Chez Vous (Man Bites Dog). FAN-TASTIC. Shocking, insightful and hilarious take on violence, the media and the inculpation of the viewer. Reminds me of Funny Games, but this was more subtle and clever. Highly recommended.

watched a few gems lately, The Lightness of Being was really good film, watched Mother last night pretty good korean drama..currently about to get hooked on all Monty Python related tv shows as I pounded out a few documentaries haha

Django - Decent for an Italian western, I suppose. Nothing special.

Brooklyn's Finest - Even through this was over two hours, I didn't think there was enough character development for me to give a shit about what happened to any of the main characters. It wasn't bad but I didn't relate to anyone.