The Official Movie Thread

Just saw the french flick Heartbreaker from this year. This is the best and most original comedy I have seen in years. Even with shitty subtitles, it was fucking great(downloaded it, yes[but I don't remember that ever happening]).

Sadly, I bet my left nut that this gets remade with Will Smith and Cameron fucking Diaz.

92/100- would have been higher I'm sure with better subtitles.

Was just checking it out on IMDB. I'll try to watch the original language version as I'm always looking to polish up my french. The plot actually sounds like My Best Friend's Girl with Dane Cook, which I watched under duress but found pretty funny.

Btw the lead actor Romain Duris is very good in my experience - The Beat My Heart Skipped (De Battre Mon Coeur S'est Arrete) is a great movie.

i%20drink%20your%20blood.jpg

Laughed my ass off.

Saw Sympathy For Lady Vengeance last night. I can't say it was as good as Oldboy but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I'm thinking of watching Tokyo Gore Police atm, seeing as I don't really have anything better to do.

Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - Meeehhhh. Started out okay but it seemed like the wheels really came off in the second and third acts. It's almost like the director had no more material or ideas after most everyone was killed off early. Didn't like the new Freddy either. His mouth moved like an old puppet. He did have a few decent lines but really, no one will be able to replace the original.

Currently watching the new Robin Hood (directors cut), and thoroughly enjoying it.

The best thing about that movie is that Alan Doyle from Great Big Sea plays Alan-a-Dale in the film. The music's great.

Other than that, a lot of things about that movie bugged me. Some of the acting was really terrible, and some of the narrative elements were unnecessary or unintentionally funny. But it was an entertaining movie.