The Official Movie Thread

Crazy Heart was very good, Jeff Bridges deserved his Oscar for sure. lol i even enjoyed the country music.

Greenberg was also well-acted by Ben Stiller, even though his character isnt always likable.

I finished watching Mindwalk. I really enjoyed the film, great dialogue and acting, and the scenery really added to the mood and atmosphere of the film.

And earlier today I watched Tommy Wiseau's infamous film The Room. After seeing a few film clips, and reading reviews crown this film as one of the worst of all-time, I knew I had to watch this. The directing is terrible, the acting is atrocious, and there's plenty awkward dialogue and scenes ripe with continuity errors. Nevertheless, some scenes had me in tears laughing, so I cannot say this film is entirely worthless as I actually did enjoy watching it. :lol:

Haha, I've been wanting to watch that ever since my roommate showed me some clips from it.

I definitely recommend you watch it!

Apparently Wiseau tried to pass the film off as a black comedy once it received horrible reviews, but it certainly isn't one and this notion has even been disputed by the film's actors. I genuinely think he tried to make a romantic, tragic film dealing with the whole human emotion thing, but he just failed miserably. Strangely, I feel a bit sympathetic to the film and Mr. Wiseau so perhaps he succeeded in some ways. I'm looking forward to future films he does, I hope they're just as entertaining! :Spin:

watched The Virgin Spring last night. Basically Last House on the Left set in Norway I think, the film was made in 1960 I think and black/white..pretty good film. It's a criterion collection movie so you should all watch it on netflix for freeeeee and Wes Craven probably stole from this for Last House on the Left!

watched Winter's Bone last night...I wasn't that impressed with it. The acting was really good, and that's about it. As much as I love seeing a bunch of hicks running around beating up on each other and shit, I need some tension in the plot er something.

watched Winter's Bone last night...I wasn't that impressed with it. The acting was really good, and that's about it. As much as I love seeing a bunch of hicks running around beating up on each other and shit, I need some tension in the plot er something.

I got the impression that it was supposed to be that way, to illustrate how completely mundane and closed-in they're lives are. Well her life I guess

watched The Virgin Spring last night. Basically Last House on the Left set in Norway I think, the film was made in 1960 I think and black/white..pretty good film. It's a criterion collection movie so you should all watch it on netflix for freeeeee and Wes Craven probably stole from this for Last House on the Left!

Yes and he admits that he did. Whereas Ingmar Bergman stole the concept for the story from an old Swedish folk tale.

Max Von Sydow is badass in the Virgin Spring, killing a kid by throwing him across a room into a wall. It's set in Dalarna, Sweden by the way.

you posted as I was referring to Winter's Bone :p Virgin Spring really lacks an atmosphere that sounds were just cut out or music would have fit in.

Just saw the french flick Heartbreaker from this year. This is the best and most original comedy I have seen in years. Even with shitty subtitles, it was fucking great(downloaded it, yes[but I don't remember that ever happening]).

Sadly, I bet my left nut that this gets remade with Will Smith and Cameron fucking Diaz.

92/100- would have been higher I'm sure with better subtitles.