The Official Movie Thread

I saw a really intersting interview with Nando Parrado, a survivor of the 1972 plane crash in the Andes mountains. The interviw was so god damn facinating, tonight I'm gonna see Alive (1993) about the crash. Hope it's good!

[Rec] - Original version of Quarantine. I think the ending of this one was creepier than the American one.

Thats for sure. The remake is horrid, but the original version is also a tad overrated. The ending is good though.

The Hidden Blade - Samurai film shot in the style of the classics. I actually thought it was an older one until a brief bit of cgi gave it away. Low body count for a samurai flick, but that wasn't the point. Overall enjoyable but a little slow in places.

Eyes Wide Shut: A bizarre and eclectic study on sex and other nonsense (but mostly sex), set to a backdrop of surreal mystique. Cruise and Kidman have astonishing charisma (especially Kidman), and the use of a married couple for the lead roles was a great idea in terms of 'chemistry'. Their body language -- and sometimes even just their presence -- can convey quite a lot of feeling, which was helpful for this film because the dialogue was often pretty tedious. Atmosphere was delicious. Plot certainly leaves some questions -- a few too many, I think, to really keep the mystery engaging and make the ending sufficiently thought-provoking.

zabu of nΩd;9543447 said:
Eyes Wide Shut: A bizarre and eclectic study on sex and other nonsense (but mostly sex), set to a backdrop of surreal mystique. Cruise and Kidman have astonishing charisma (especially Kidman), and the use of a married couple for the lead roles was a great idea in terms of 'chemistry'. Their body language -- and sometimes even just their presence -- can convey quite a lot of feeling, which was helpful for this film because the dialogue was often pretty tedious. Atmosphere was delicious. Plot certainly leaves some questions -- a few too many, I think, to really keep the mystery engaging and make the ending sufficiently thought-provoking.

Too bad Kubrick died after making this film. He was an amazing director, my favorite next to Kurosawa.