The Official Movie Thread

I watched Please Give and The Squid and the Whale last night, not very often I find two movies that are just amazing. The Squid and the Whale is a pretty spot-on take of divorce haha and Please Give was just as great.

There are gems and then you find actual fucking GEMS. And this was just beautiful.
Fight For Your Life. An exercise in blacksploitation done right. A trio of prison escapees pulls a home invasion on a black preacher man and his family.

This movie is just a big fuck you to political correctness. Racial epiphets flying like crazy, rape, one of the best kid deaths I have ever seen, and a black preacher getting slapped in the face with a Bible over and over again until he bleeds for bringing up faith.

Easily one of the most entertaining films I have seen in quite some time. A real popcorn treat. 93/100

And guess what? It's on youtube in parts:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l8lIQnGrNU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

do not watch Poultrygeist, I thought with a great B-movie name like that it would rule but it's fucking weird man..

It wasn't an instant watch so it is currently at the bottom of my DVD que. The description 'fucking weird' does not turn me off enough to not rent it. I will follow up at a much later date, since there are 19 moves in front of it in the Netflix que.

I will also look into this Troll movie.

recently watched...

How To Rob A Bank- not that good

Control- with Dafoe and Liotta...real good enjoyed it

Flame And Citron...(again)- excellent flick

Black - Bollywood flick about a blind and deaf girl. It sort of confused me because there was borderline overacting and a light score that affected the first half of the film, rendering the intended punch ineffective. The pacing of the second half seemed disjointed. As with the other films of this type, it was beautifully shot.

Valhalla Rising - Liked this one a lot. Main character was cool as hell. Brutal action that I wish there was more of. Awesome shooting locations. Usually I love movies like this so I also wish this was longer. A huge viking epic shot like this would be tits.