The Official Movie Thread

What is more cliché; black guys in movies dying first, or black guys in movies stating that black guys in movies die first? I would actually put my money on the latter being more common than the first.

As much as I dislike people pulling the race card, I really can't argue against the fact that an overwhelming amount of movies have the black actor(s) die first. This is especially true in the horror genre.

watched Visioneers last night. Made back in 2007 with Zach Galifianakis. It's a pretty decent movie...definitely something different for him. It has a bit more substance and style to it, and he's not making crude or stupid jokes throughout the film. In fact, he probably has the fewest lines of any character in the film. I was pretty surprised with it. Nothing ground breaking but wasn't bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Contagion; not bad, well-acted and well-written. It's difficult to try and represent such a huge catastrophic experience in a scant two hours of cinema.

Insidious - Had potential and some decent creep-out moments but as a whole it kinda failed. It really doesn't do much to advance the plot when the husband still won't believe in the haunting even after hearing then witnessing the destruction by an entity in the house.

Been on a huge Doc. streak lately. Late night insanity the other day led to seeing both Loose Change and Super High Me. Both were incredibly meh.

yeah. That's one of the few Cronenberg films I don't care too much for. I do, however, prefer it over that racial guiltfest bullshit Crash

Your Highness - Not as funny as I hoped. Natalie Portman in a thong was satisfactory.

Paul - Liked this one better. Fun to try to catch all of the references they worked in. Not as good as Shaun of the Dead but worth a look. Kristen Wiig breathing was satisfactory.

Dolores Claiborne (1995) - A non horror Stephen King adaptation, one of the best also. All around gloomy film, every character carries some real heavy baggage. Phenomenal acting, Christopher Plummer plays possibly the biggest asshole I've ever seen in a movie. You'll wanna throw something at the screen you'll hate him so much. I know, it's only a movie, only a movie...

2653_800_poster_1_f.jpg

watched The Fall yesterday, a film directed by Tarsem Singh. There aren't many movies out there I would call beautiful, but this film is absolutely stunning in its visuals. Every angle and all of the colors are a feast for your eyes. Every exotic location just comes to life. The little girl in the film is adorable, and all of the acting in general is well done. Definitely a feast for the eyes

Last edited by a moderator: