The Official Movie Thread

went and saw "In Time" last night. I had heard about this movie a couple of years ago when word first got out and was pretty intrigued by it. The concept of the film is very interesting and the world created is pretty neat. Unfortunately, Justin Timberlake can't act for shit. We get to see Amanda Seyfried in a bra, and it's nice. It could've been better...more fleshed out. There are some plot elements that are thrown in but not really developed, so it's like, "What was that for?"

but overall it was pretty enjoyable.

Castle Freak (1995) - This to me is a perfect horror movie. It's a got a great setting, reeks of atmosphere, has the right amount of drama that doesn't seem ham handed in the slightest, it actually fits the story, and most importantly, it has one of the most revolting looking creatures ever put on film. Fucking brilliant make up. For a Stuart Gordan (Re-Animator, From Beyond) film it's not overtly gory but when the violence hits, it's nasty. Also stars Gordon regulars Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton.

I might have anticipated seeing the new Tintin movie if it wasn't for the fact that Steven Spielberg made it. For one, I don't like his movies, and even if I did, I can't stand CGI. Would much rather have seen a full-length Tintin feature with normal animation.

Monkey Shines (1988) - Romero's first studio film. Huge round of applause for whoever trained that monkey. Not your average horror movie, thats for sure. Pretty unique, wish Romero would try something like it again.

Thanks for mentioning, watched it today, was a pretty cool movie, especially everything involving the monkey, really creepy when you know it's actually... acting, I guess.

Watched The Machinist and enjoyed it quite a bit. Loved the atmosphere and imagery of it all. Christian Bale was excellent as always. How are Brad Anderson's (the director) other films?

Lost Highway (1997) - Where to start. If you ask me, trying to make sence of this damn thing is asking for a headace. In a way I like that about it, on the other hand sometimes it gets, err... distracting. Still, I can't ignore the vibe it gives off. Ace production values that's for sure. Oh and Robert Blake's pasty white face should haunt you. For ever.

Lost Highway (1997) - Where to start. If you ask me, trying to make sence of this damn thing is asking for a headace. In a way I like that about it, on the other hand sometimes it gets, err... distracting. Still, I can't ignore the vibe it gives off. Ace production values that's for sure. Oh and Robert Blake's pasty white face should haunt you. For ever.

Brilliant film! Possibly my all-time favourite, or certainly up their on my list.

I recently watched Suspiria and Inferno. I really have no idea why it's taken me so long to get around to watching these but they're fantastic.

And I really only like Chrisian Bale in his earlier films like American Psycho and Velvet Goldmine.

Man Bites Dog (1992) - I think at this point I could probably recite the entite movie verbatim in French. Or at least watch it without the subtitles. One of my all time favorites. It works on soooo many levels, as a mockumentary, black comedy, as social commentary and so on and so forth. The humor couldn't get any darker. Ben Poelvoorde is the man.