The Official Movie Thread

I love everything about Santa Sangre. The visuals, the music, directing etc. It has so many memorable scenes, and the final ten minutes or so is probably my favourite end to any film I've seen.

I would say this is tied with Velvet Goldmine for my favourite film. I'm not sure if you've seen this one, but it's another very well done film with some great visuals, great cast and more with a sort of larger-than-life quality. Inspired by a lot of true stuff, I highly recommend this one, it's absolutely brilliant!

WWhen i saw santa sangre`s end my eyes bled :D i loved it, my favorite end for a movie is that one that you don't expect. The whole movie is a masterpiece. I have t-shirt with one of the movie -poster :rofl:

Just saw the Velvet Goldmine's trailer , and read the plop It looks so interesting...I like the plot and the cast is awesome. I have to see it.

Another of my favorite movies is The wall (the pink floyd movie) the animations, the music, the screenplay,, the cast... is awesome!

Episode III - Finally finishing them out on Blu. This one looked the best of all of them (as it should) but none of them hold a candle to Empire.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark - Was excited for this one since it was a del Toro flick but it was a pile of people behaving stupidly and wtf moments with a few jump scares shoved in. This one is a turd.

went and saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. It was good. Pretty slow. Definitely a thinking movie. You have pretty much no idea what's going on for the first hour of the movie, but it all starts to make sense, and then it gets really good. Gary Oldman is fantastic as always. good stuff

Minuit á Paris - simple yet funny movie by Woody Allen. cute dialogue had me loling at times. realized that though i have been to Paris i have not properly splurged on Pigalle street and i should.

American Psycho - finally watched it for the first time. i found Bale's acting weirdly unrealistic and over-the-top but i guess that's what he was going for. the movie was entertaining and quite disturbing at times. i kind of related to his character in the sense that i have this somewhat normal outer shell but am pretty fucked up inside.

The Black Cat (1934) - Nothing really in common with the Poe story other than the title. A Karloff/Lugosi classic. Karloff was one imposing SOB, the definition of presence. Great, bizzare set peices create a surreal atmosphere of necrophilia, Satanism and all around errieness. Essential stuff.

The Black Cat (1934) - Nothing really in common with the Poe story other than the title. A Karloff/Lugosi classic. Karloff was one imposing SOB, the definition of presence. Great, bizzare set peices create a surreal atmosphere of necrophilia, Satanism and all around errieness. Essential stuff.

If you want a Black Cat adapted from the Poe story, watch Two Evil Eyes(1991). It's the second half/story of the film and stars Harvey Keitel and is directed by Dario Argento. It is the last of the films where Argento is really at his best. Fucking essential viewing man.

i've already returned American Psycho to the rental store but i still keep watching this clip... LIKE A BOSS!

one day i hope to film myself doing something like this

one day i hope to film myself doing something like this
You have to be listening to Phil Collins or it just won't be the same.

The Prophecy (1995) - More proof that horror in the 90's didn't suck. Walken is so badass, plus Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer?! I tuned out on the series after Walken left, but the first 3 are quality stuff, with this being the best.

Bridesmaids - Okay, so I rented this because I think Kristen Wiig is sexy. It's not as much of a romantic comedy as I thought it would be and instead it's actually quite funny.

Fright Night - The new one. Not completely stupid nor remotely groundbreaking. Held my attention.