The Official Movie Thread

The whole idea of "updating" the story comes off as insulting to me. Hellraiser dosen't need any updates. It's still one of the most unique and original films ever made. The gore effects are astounding. I guarantee you if it gets remade all the hooks and chains will be digital and Franks rebirth will look completly cartoonish.

Very true. I can see things looking cartoonish as well. Hollywood relies too much on CGI these days.

Gotta be good at something.

I'm a fan of the first sequel as well. I stopped after Inferno. The others in the series just had Pinhead tacked on as a marketing device, well Inferno was like that too but the story itself was pretty good.

I really liked them up to the third movie. After that, they seemed to be trying too hard. Hell, there are Hellraiser movies I have yet to see that went straight to video. My Mom was always a huge fan of the series too. Hell, she called me in sick at school when Hellraiser: Bloodline was out in the theaters so we can see it lol.

Conan The Barbarian (2011) - Not the total train wreck I expected. Plenty of blood and tits. Conan talked a bit much but most of the pitfalls of this type of movie seemed to be avoided (the comic relief sidekick, etc.). Wish they would have filled in the 20 year gap a little.

this is relevant to my interests

Last edited by a moderator:
Immortals - Gorgeous visuals and design. Basic, non-plot. I was let down by the action, thought it'd be more exciting. End section was well done though, apart from the choppy editing going between different fights.

Jesus, I thought that thing was out already. Seen Pentagram twice since Bobby's return and I am very glad to see that he is healthy...even if every word out of his mouth of "God bless" and then "All Your Sins" starts playing.

At their Chicago show in August some tard kept yelling at the band to play "Sinister" and eventually yelled out "Hail Satan," and Bobby responded with "Fuck Satan! He's the reason I've been addicted to drugs for 40 years" or something along those lines.

But yeah, whatever. They are still awesome live.

don't know if this one's been mentioned already, but anyone here ever see "The Seventh Seal" with Max von Sydow? I've read quite a bit of good things about it and i've kinda had the urge to check it out in one way, shape or form.