The Official Movie Thread

went and saw The Hunger Games tonight. Never read the books. Film was enjoyable. Nothing amazing or groundbreaking but enjoyable. I liked Jennifer Lawrence better than when she was in Winter's Bone

I love the way this scene is filmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBwvIX7Sao

Fucking awesome scene in an awesome movie.

went and saw The Hunger Games tonight. Never read the books. Film was enjoyable. Nothing amazing or groundbreaking but enjoyable. I liked Jennifer Lawrence better than when she was in Winter's Bone

I actually read the first book over the weekend just so I can go see the movie with my fiancee (she's read all three and won't go see the movies with me until I read the books). The plot was good, albeit simple. I'm interested to see how they film it.

I can't remember if this trailer has been posted yet, but I'm so fucking excited for this film:

Last edited by a moderator:
A man and his non-human talking best friend getting into hijinks and hilarity ensues. I had high hopes for Seth McFarlane doing a live action film.

went and saw The Hunger Games tonight. Never read the books. Film was enjoyable. Nothing amazing or groundbreaking but enjoyable.

I actually read the first book over the weekend just so I can go see the movie with my fiancee (she's read all three and won't go see the movies with me until I read the books). The plot was good, albeit simple. I'm interested to see how they film it.

<-- Boycotting Hunger Games!

Hunger Games just broke a bunch of box office records BTW just in case anyone cares

The Hunger Games is, plot wise, a big piece of Battle Royale, with a solid portion of The Running Man and just a sprinkle of 1984 on the top.

The acting, especially on the part of Jennifer Lawrence, is really great though.