The Official Movie Thread

I haven't read the comics, so as an outsider I thought it was fairly well done. However, its not extremely memorable. Didn't have a strong desire to rewatch it.

Batch of recently watched stuff:

The House of the Devil
(2009) - Retro horror flick, sloow build up to a really mediocre ending and some cheap shock horror, waste of 1½ hour.

The Devil Rides Out (1968) - Good supernatural horror with a great performance by Christopher Lee.

Colossus: The Forbin Project
(1970) - Good sci-fi concept, poor execution.

The Conversation (1974) - Great psycho thriller, beautifully shot.

Night Moves (1975) - Fantastic mystery film with some great characters, highly recommended.

Also finally watched Blue Velvet after attempting a number of times but stopping at the beginning. What's to say; a masterfully done film definitely deserving of its reputation.

Cosmopolis (2012) - Easily Cronenberg's most cold and challenging film yet, which is quite a feat for the guy who directed Naked Lunch and Crash. I've read some people say they gave up after 20 minutes simply based on the dialogue alone! Personally, I really liked it but it is one of those just go with it situations. Whether or not is resonates with you is another story.

Cosmopolis (2012) - Easily Cronenberg's most cold and challenging film yet, which is quite a feat for the guy who directed Naked Lunch and Crash. I've read some people say they gave up after 20 minutes simply based on the dialogue alone! Personally, I really liked it but it is one of those just go with it situations. Whether or not is resonates with you is another story.

My two favorite working North American directors, Cronenberg and Tarantino, both made some pretty disappointing flix last year, this and Django Unchained. I hope it isn't a sign they've jumped the shark.

My two favorite working North American directors, Cronenberg and Tarantino, both made some pretty disappointing flix last year, this and Django Unchained. I hope it isn't a sign they've jumped the shark.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I just can't bring myself to care about Django Unchained. Truth be told I kind of tuned out of QT after Jackie Brown which I feel is his best.

The fact that guys like Cronenberg are still working is why I haven't given up 100% on modern cinema.

Jackie Brown wasn't even that good. QT has never done anything as good as say:

scarface
chinatown
the 39 steps
taxi driver
the seventh seal
blade runner
rocky
first blood
the ipcress file

I saw Jack the Giant Slayer today. It wasn't bad enough to be ridiculed as a total flop though the beginning and end were TERRIBLE

The Devil Rides Out (1968) - Good supernatural horror with a great performance by Christopher Lee.

Also finally watched Blue Velvet after attempting a number of times but stopping at the beginning. What's to say; a masterfully done film definitely deserving of its reputation.

Those are both wicked films.

Just got back from Evil Dead. They've turned it into an absolute gorefest. Even gorier than braindead. Probably the goriest fucking movie I've ever seen.

The movie suffers without Bruce, as we all knew it would. There's a few funny parts here and there but the absurd almost slapstick he brought to the table can't be matched. Fair warning, its more of a proper horror movie now and liable to make you a bit queasy.

I'll also spoil his cameo since it isn't actually part of the movie. As the credits roll the original recording they play from the tape plays and after it ends the screen fades to black. You see Bruce's face.... He
says "Groovy." And fade to nothing.

^ Seeing this Saturday night. The coming attractions did look pretty crazy, but I hope it's scarier and or eviler too and not just gory. All gore and no grit just gets blah after awhile. Regardless, it's Evil Dead so it should be an awesome time. Hahaha, good ol' Bruce well at least he comes through in the very end.

I just watched this awesome German movie that has Norman Reedus (Derrick of the Walking Dead) for like literally two seconds lol, but the movie itself was fantastic. It's about a small town in Germany trying to catch the killer who killed a child.

Edit: Well, i guess it'd be nice to say the name of the film.... anyways, it's called Antibodies and if anyone has Netflix it's on instant watch :D

Just got back from Evil Dead. They've turned it into an absolute gorefest. Even gorier than braindead. Probably the goriest fucking movie I've ever seen.

The movie suffers without Bruce, as we all knew it would. There's a few funny parts here and there but the absurd almost slapstick he brought to the table can't be matched. Fair warning, its more of a proper horror movie now and liable to make you a bit queasy.

I'll also spoil his cameo since it isn't actually part of the movie. As the credits roll the original recording they play from the tape plays and after it ends the screen fades to black. You see Bruce's face.... He
says "Groovy." And fade to nothing.

Very cool, I was hoping they wouldn't tone it down.

Speaking of Evil Dead: Went through the trilogy for the first time last night, can't say I entirely get why they're so highly regarded, but they were quite entertaining. Looking forward to watching the remake though.