The Official Movie Thread

Yeah dude! I was pleasantly surprised to say the least since the first 10-15 minutes are so awful.
I wouldn't got that far but things like that are all subjective of course. Its defiantly a film that makes you constantly ask yourself "just where the fuck is this all going to end up?" while your watching it. Of course it was basically ignored upon its initial release not really getting any recognition until the mid to late 80's when it stared playing in arthouses around Halloween time. So it goes I suppose. At least now more people know what's up I'd like to think. The Criterion release is great.

I watched Cruising again today. If it wasn't for Bug it'd totally be my favorite Friedkin film. It saddens me that Pacino has distanced himself from it. Not a fucking clue as to why, he's quite brilliant in it. Awesome soundtrack as well.

Tremors rules by the way. I've yet to see the 4th film and to be perfectly honest I don't really remember jack shit about the 3rd but I have very fond memories of the first two. I just might dig the second a bit more than the first.

Saw Outrage Beyond. It's ok but it pales in comparison to Outrage, which features the most amazing mobster ultra violence ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching that Outrage trailer, I'd like to think it's the teacher from Battle Royale's sequel

Beat Takeshi plays that kind of character in almost all of his movies, the only difference being how good he does it. Outrage is one of his best along with Zatoichi where he plays a blind old no-nonsense ronin.

The Hobbit - Hmm. Was okay but didn't feel as epic or large scale as LOTR. Everything looked waxy and fake too, like they were standing in front of a painting. Some unnecessary George Lucasian shit (the fall into the crevasse on the wooden "dock" that magically managed to stay horizontal while falling half a fucking mile although Lucas would have had CGI critters hiding their eyes, squealing, and dodging it on the way down) and the storm giant knee-riding gayness. As for the ending, I'd have been like, "Why the fuck didn't we take the eagles the whole way?? Why did the eagles dump us all the way up here? Get me offa this fucking rock!"