The Official Movie Thread

the-editor.jpg

mandatory viewing for fans of Giallo and Lucio Fulci's The Beyond. this film is hilarious. hot women, pointless nudity, black leather gloves holding a knife, terrible audio visual synchronization, practical gore effects, intentionally bad acting, random occult shit, ending makes no sense at all. this film absolutely nails the tone of a Giallo.

Watched this movie called Dope on Netflix. First half of the movie is good but it went downhill after that. 5/10 would not watch again.

It was also very satisfying to see Tyga get shot ahahahaah

lame. when i've finished off my 2015 list i think i might power through his filmography in tribute.
That should prove to be an experience. For what its worth, I think I'd rank his filmography as thus:

Szamanka
Diabel
La femme publique
Possession
My Nights Are More Beautiful Than Your Days
The Third Part of the Night
On the Silver Globe
L'important c'est d'aimer
L'amour braque
Fidelity
La note bleue
Boris Godunov

Can't wait to see Cosmos which was just picked up for North American distribution by the fine folks at Kino.

Here's an excellent piece just put up today (although penned before Zulawski's passing) by Daniel Bird, who over the years has played a crucial role in getting Zulawski's name (as well as fellow Polish maverick Walerian Borowczyk) known to more people: http://www.filmcomment.com/blog/film-comment-selects-andrzej-zulawski/

Last edited:
Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Watched a Comedy Gore Horror from New Zealand last night called Black Sheep, about crazy GM sheep with a virus that makes them want to kill humans. There were several sheep fucking jokes. It was pretty great.

Reactions: CiG
This week they are doing a film festival featuring Cosmos here. Looking forward to seeing that.
The US premier of Cosmos! Also digitally restored versions of The Third Part of the Night, Diabel and On the Silver Globe as well as guest appearances by Zulawski's go-to composer Andrzej Korzynski, cinematographer Andrzej Jaroszewicz and writer Daniel Bird. A must attend series of screenings.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Anyone check out that new horror movie The VVitch? Apparently it's an excellent horror flick that does some new things with a typical horror trope. It's also expertly shot, well acted, and historically accurate. I'm excited.