The Official Movie Thread

Probably my favourite Steven Spielberg film.

The_Color_Purple_poster.jpg

Probably my favourite Steven Spielberg film.

The_Color_Purple_poster.jpg

interesting, i haven't seen that one. from the 17 (yikes) that i have seen i reckon RAIDERS... is probably his masterwork (although i love LAST CRUSADE just as much tbh), but my personal favourite is always gonna be JURASSIC PARK. no point tryna talk me out of that one.

have you ever seen his debut DUEL? i watched that one for the first time pretty recently, it's not the most subtle thing thematically but i really liked it just as a hitchcockian suspense film.

have you ever seen his debut DUEL? i watched that one for the first time pretty recently, it's not the most subtle thing thematically but i really liked it just as a hitchcockian suspense film.

Excellent film. I think Richard Matheson of I Am Legend fame wrote the script. Watched that and The Duelists back to back a few months ago, hard to say which I like more.

I change my mind, it didn't hold up like I thought it would. So scratch that, haha. The last time I watched it was probably ten years ago.

Munich was pretty good.

I'm watching this movie Embrace of the Serpent, and I paused it just to say how BEAUTIFUL this film looks. Holy shit. The prettiest B&W film ever. It's an amazing film, full thoughts coming up.

Had this on my hard drive for a while now, been meaning to watch it. Kind of put off by the B&W visuals tbh - colourless makes sense to me in a noirish urban environment, but in the jungle?

Excellent film. I think Richard Matheson of I Am Legend fame wrote the script. Watched that and The Duelists back to back a few months ago, hard to say which I like more.

interesting, didn't know that! although i think the script is probably the worst thing about it tbh. it's like pseudo-peckinpah or something.

folks who like DUEL should check out FIGURES IN A LANDSCAPE (by the great joseph losey), similar except trade the emasculated everyman for a pair of escaped convicts (one played by malcolm mcdowell) and the truck with a shadowy police helicopter. it may be the better film actually, has a more mysterious existential feel to it while still working as a tense genre flick.