The Official Movie Thread

Chuck Norris doesn't even try to act, he just says his lines, it pisses me off. Invasion USA with him is total shit, the retarded version of Red Dawn.

I'm able to switch off enough to enjoy him, I love mindless action of the kind he does. I liked Invasion U.S.A. except for the massive plot hole regarding the protagonist and antagonist's vitriolic relationship.

Excalibur and Day of the Dead (1985) were both excellent. Day of the Dead has some overly long bad monologues though and some excess gore.

That maybe isn't the correct wording. A few seconds of scenes feel like they would normally have been edited out and don't flow that well.

Bob Clark's Deathdream (1974) AKA Dead of Night is another excellent 'Nam themed film that uses the concept of taking the war home with you in the context of a horror film. There's quite a bit of drama as it relates to how a troubled soldiers return (in more ways then one) affects the family that's really well done and pretty damn heavy.

Reactions: CiG
So I watched Body Melt based on a lot of reviews and comparisons. Quite the piece of shit. It wasn't gory as promised, more confusing than anything really.

I'm not sure I understood the purpose of the redneck family. (Or eating the adrenal gland of a kangaroo the inbred guy killed with a thrown rock) I'm not sure I understood the goal of the pharmaceutical company. I have no idea why the woman's placenta fell out and attacked her boyfriend and climbed down his throat. (And her stomach burst and was completely empty) I have no idea why some people burst open and just die while others have tendrils poking out. I have no idea why the goofy body builders were trying to fuck that transsexual so badly. I have no idea why one guy specifically expelled gallons of mucus before death.

Tragically stupid movie I'd expect from troma. I'm fine with explanations being left out to a point..., but goddamn give me something to go on. How dare anyone compare that to Dead Alive?

Recently watched Bloodsport, for the first time in ages, still cool.
51XDOPCZf2L.jpg

So I watched Body Melt based on a lot of reviews and comparisons. Quite the piece of shit. It wasn't gory as promised, more confusing than anything really.

I'm not sure I understood the purpose of the redneck family. (Or eating the adrenal gland of a kangaroo the inbred guy killed with a thrown rock) I'm not sure I understood the goal of the pharmaceutical company. I have no idea why the woman's placenta fell out and attacked her boyfriend and climbed down his throat. (And her stomach burst and was completely empty) I have no idea why some people burst open and just die while others have tendrils poking out. I have no idea why the goofy body builders were trying to fuck that transsexual so badly. I have no idea why one guy specifically expelled gallons of mucus before death.

Tragically stupid movie I'd expect from troma. I'm fine with explanations being left out to a point..., but goddamn give me something to go on. How dare anyone compare that to Dead Alive?

It's not an actual Troma, but yeah none of it makes any sense but I still love it.

Fata Morgana (Vicente Aranda, 1965) - The second feature from the future director of The Blood Splattered Bride (1972) and Amantes (1991) and a benchmark film from the "Barcelona School of Film" style. Spanish surrealism at its finest, yet despite being Spanish (the inevitable Buñuel comparisons certainty aren't without warrant) it sort of feels more French at times. Not so much nouvelle vague, more nouvelle roman ala Alain Robbe-Grillet. While there's no explicit fourth wall breaking as seen in Robbe-Grillet's work, there is the constant sense of Aranda winking at the audience, that everything playing out on screen is some sort of absurd game and the rules are being made up on the spot. It can be thoroughly confusing at times yet always fun and playful. It actually makes more sense after the fact when the meaning of the title "Fata Morgana", or "Left-Handed Fate" sinks in.

Its also rather funny at times. Seeing leading lady Teresa Gimpera (who's so good looking it hurts. She's even more beautiful in the The Exquisite Cadaver (1969), Aranda's criminally underrated follow-up film) being followed by an armored bus/tank contraption while the unseen driver tries to chat her up via megaphone is quite a hilarious sight. There's also a bit of a futuristic sci-fi bend to it with the film taking place in a deserted Barcelona with constant references of a city wide evacuation. Its never stated exactly why (and all the empty streets add to the surreality) but there are hints of some kind of nuclear disaster and at one point in the film most unusual scene a man is shown sporting some pretty intense, monster-esque mutations.

I guess Troma either owns this or owned it at some point. It has a very sparse listing on their website although no release of any kind has turned up.

Attention Earthlings:

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/tmwfte-40th-anniversary-4k-restoration-55976

tmwfte_studiocanal_40th_v8_1000sq.jpg

“Loving The Alien”

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Nicolas Roeg’s iconic movie, The Man Who Fell To Earth, we’re delighted to announce that the film will return to UK cinemas in 4K this September.
STUDIOCANAL has announced that they are near to completing a new 4k restoration of the cult classic. The restoration has been in the works since late 2015 and it will be released in cinemas nationwide in the UK on 9th September by Park Circus, opening at BFI Southbank and cinemas nationwide.
The Man Who Fell To Earth will also be released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK on 10th October by STUDIOCANAL and is part of the ‘Vintage Classics collection’ – showcasing iconic British films, all fully restored and featuring brand new extra content.
Restored by Deluxe London, the restoration of The Man Who Fell To Earth is based on a 4K scan of the original camera negative, followed by a full 4K workflow, with the approval of cinematographer Anthony Richmond and with the blessing of Nic Roeg.
As well as the main poster artwork, there will be a limited edition poster to celebrate the release made available through various promotions and competitions. (See blue version in montage)
Bowie is magnificent in the film as Thomas Jerome Newton, a humanoid alien who comes to Earth from a distant planet on a mission to take water back to his home planet, which is in the midst of a catastrophic drought. Bowie’s performance is timeless and that’s not to mention him looking absolutely incredible throughout...with and without human disguise.
Full details of the DVD/BD release, including a special Collector’s Edition, will follow shortly.
The film will also be released in the US and Germany, stay tuned for more information.

Recently seen Mike and Dave need wedding dates. It was the most hilarious shit have watched since dirty grandpa.