The Official Movie Thread

I like that he takes chances with who he casts. It's easy to slip into using the same people a lot of the time in the Korean/Chinese markets.

But there's really something unique about Asian films. They always explain every single detail to you, whereas Western films leave a lot of room for interpretation.

This can certainly be true with Chinese cinema, but I feel Japanese cinema is often the opposite and Korean cinema can occupy that space between in your face blatancy and subtle interpretive film making quite well.

Nothing is more in your face, nothing left to the imagination than HK action cinema. Fucking love HK cinema.

It was boring as shit, I felt ripped off coming out of the cinema

Haha, you would be bored.

I saw it over the weekend, it was very good. And for someone who studies language, it was actually a decent treatment of the relationship between language, memory, and time. Not to mention the anthropomorphic conditions of language.

yes.

villeneuve is a real mixed bag IMO, mostly falling on the negative side. if ARRIVAL is as good as people say then it's probably his best film to date. we shall see.

Reactions: CiG
I wasn't blown away cinematically speaking; but being a fan of the original short story, I thought it was faithful to the source material and impressive in its handling of the narrative.

you bums actually think Blade Runner was good?

giphy.gif

Reactions: arg
shelley duvall is nuts now and believes that the sheriff of nottingham is hunting her and, instead of dying, robin williams became a shapeshifter.

if i'm ever mentally ill please shoot me before i start hallucinating about shapeshifting robin williams because jesus fucking christ nobody needs that

I saw something bout Shelley Duvall today on t.v.----I think it was a little sad she lost her marbles....People like this need help...She didn't even look like herself, at first I was like, "Who is this person"?? MM..=-/

Yeah it's just a nice european drama, nothing amazing. The girl with the blue hair looks a lot hotter in James Bond.

Good crime/drama sorta films from the past year or two.

Less well known is probably better. DGAF what language or if they're animated.

Gogogo.