The Official Movie Thread

Cobra_movie_poster.jpg

Reactions: CiG
Watched Green Room last night. Thought it was pretty good and some of the violence was actually pretty nasty. Although from working with razor knives for years that scene was fucking garbage. That bitch would have needed to laid into that guy and pulled extremely hard to do the damage she did.

Seeing Patrick Stewart as a bad guy was a bit odd but worked well. His "exit" was kinda underwhelming though which ended the movie on a slight bummer.

I wonder if they paid for the rights to the Midnight and Slayer songs I heard during the film.

Tl:dr version review of film
Nazi punks didn't fuck off. Bad shit happens.

i'll paste what i wrote elsewhere about it:

the trouble begins when our protagonists sell out to the other side for some quick bucks, and it's that great capitalist totem--the iphone--which truly lands them in shit, crying for punk's oldest antagonist: the cops. they're poseurs, see, and so is the typical moviegoer eating up the screen's adolescent fantasies and playing at being subversive until uh-oh-shit-gets-real; both are punished by saulnier and his thudding, offhand violence. he's trying to shock people out of their comfort zones in the same way that punk used to do, and it's useful to criticise the film the way you might criticise a punk song: if it wants to earn the moral authority it assumes, it needs to more clearly separate itself from the targets of its snark, but too often it slips into formula and posturing itself.

tldr: rip anton yelchin, who kind of owns in it :(

Recently started re-watching Clint Eastwood's westerns from Unforgiven backwards, except for Two Mules For Sister Sara since I don't yet own it, and I just got done re-watching A Fistful Of Dollars.

Even though it's basically a remake of Yojimbo I can still totally appreciate it by it's own merit. Quite brutal too. Next up is For A Few Dollars More which I barely remember and then in my opinion the best of the trilogy, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

Funnily enough, all these years later I think I would say Unforgiven is my favourite of all Eastwood's westerns. Fantastic film.

'70s american cinema seems to be one of those love/hate kinda deals. there's generally this undercurrent of quiet, desperate melancholy, anxiety and loneliness that i've always loved, and that movie's no exception. i think antonioni was a huge influence on that whole period in hollywood, actually. movies don't pack that kind of existential weight very often anymore.

I felt a little bit raped when I woke up to a laydee fondling my penis

not going to lie, after re reading those two statements I still can't tell if Brando put the butter in her ass or not