The Official Movie Thread

Tomato, tomatoh. Some people call it a rape, some people call it a dairy suppository.

Reactions: Draehl
after the talk about hollywood in the other thread i watched a couple of recent right wing movies this week, the latest from eastwood and bay respectively. surprisingly i liked the bay more than the eastwood.

This is probably going to be controversial considering how great the first Toxic Avenger is, but Citizen Toxie is the best Toxie film. It's just non-stop fucking hilarious and gross and gory. Exactly what I want out of a post-practical effects era film. I'm drunk right now and in heaven.

105948_front.jpg

This is probably going to be controversial considering how great the first Toxic Avenger is, but Citizen Toxie is the best Toxie film. It's just non-stop fucking hilarious and gross and gory. Exactly what I want out of a post-practical effects era film. I'm drunk right now and in heaven.

View attachment 7965
Dude. Fucking Tito. "Fuck this place, I'm outta here!"

Reactions: CiG
ahh, i didn't realise he was involved with that, he didn't direct it though according to IMDB, was just producer. i meant 13 hours anyways!

edit: he also produced the purge 3 (which might be what you meant idk), and is in the process of producing the purge 4. that's a lot of purges.

the full title is 13 hours: the secret soldiers of benghazi, it's about the 2012 attacks so you can probably guess it's subtextually anti-hillary. it's about as michael bay as it's possible to be (which is both a great and terrible thing in my experience), but i've gotta say he sells it. it's basically just a macho video game designed to give military/tech fetishists orgasms and put a tear in the eye of every republican, but it's intense and gorgeous enough to work.

Warrior. I had mixed feelings about that one. Like most fighting movies, the fight scenes always take me out of the movie because of how unrealistic they are. Having said that, it's still probably the best MMA film yet.

Besides, if Million Dollar Baby can win 4 Oscars with THOSE fighting scenes, you can get away with anything.