The Official Movie Thread

Anyone seen The Shipping News? If so, do you know any movie with similar atmosphere, I really like the "feeling" in that movie.

It's funny because I rarely watch movies, but I have a new LCD falt panel TV & 5.1 sound for my living room so I figured I would start putting it to use. I watched a few movies lately.

Transformers
American Beauty
Click
The Condemned
Knocked Up

All really good except for maybe Click which wasn't really all that. I also saw Transformers in the theaters, but I figured I would watched it again when I burned it for a friend. I watched all these within the last 2-3 weeks.

So my friend and I, and a handful of others sat in the room for about 15 minutes after the movie was about to start, and we finally gave up. We went back to his dorm and we watched Silence of the Lambs.

Nice.

I am not generally a fan of Michael Moore, especially after Fahrenheit 9/11. His hearts in the right place but you need some evidence before I believe you. I don't know what would be a good socialized medicine plan for the US but I think one is definitely needed.

Ah, well, after much reflection, I still liked it.

Seriously, I could not for the life of me remember if I'd mentioned it and I wasn't about to go back as many as TWO pages in the thread to check.

i'm watching Borat and hysterically laughing
Great Success!

Everyone dissed this movie and said the comedy was stupid, but it was supposed to be

I also saw Underworld Evolution 1&2 last night and they were really good. I'm usually not in to modern vampire movies, but definitely wasnt bad.

Well seeing that all the Sox people aren't here, I put the game on mute then watched Kill Bill with a friend on his computer. Pretty good movie. I plan to see the sequel quite soon.

I just got done watching Bobby. Very good. Pretty depressing at the end.

I saw that when it was in theaters. I enjoyed it, except for Lindsay Lohan and Elijah Wood. I don't like either of them as actors.