The Official Movie Thread

Either way it doesn't sound original at all. Plus Melissa McCarthy in a film is a dealbreaker for me.

Only a fucking fool seeks originality in Hollywood 2018. McCarthy isn't a complete and total deal-breaker for me, she's one of the least insufferable female comedy actors dominating Hollywood right now, I thought she was legitimately cool in The Heat.

Anyway, not being completely original =/= plagiarism.

Blackhat was great. Michael Mann seems to have a knack for taking a potentially very Hollywood popcorn idea and turning it into a sprawling, tonally dark masterpiece with a lot of brooding atmosphere and tension. Surprised by how convincing Hemsworth was.

Has anybody here seen Mann's The Keep?

Maybe. Your criticism of that puppet film's trailer certainly seem somewhat idiotic, no offense. Accusing the son of the people who literally invented The Muppets of plagiarizing Meet the Feebles because he made a puppet film with an R rating is some seriously low IQ shit. :lol:

That's a harshly worded comment and I'm not sure what being the son of Jim Henson has anything to do with it. The trailer tries to leverage the 'novelty' of swearing, drug-using, Muppets as its selling point. Most of its target audience, and maybe even the more knowledgeable crowd on this board, will never have heard of Meet the Feebles. I'm not sure what's wrong with calling that out. It's not like I'm telling anyone not to go see it.

It's just bants.

Even though I don't agree that it's plagiarizing Meet the Feebles and literally the only similarity is that it features rude puppets (unlike Meet the Feebles this one blends humans and puppets) it will probably suck anyway.

Willing to give it a chance though, if I find it cheap on DVD. ;)

happy-time-murders-728x491.jpg

Just finished watching Green Room. So good, I liked it even more than Blue Ruin. It had some truly cringe-inducing mutilation scenes, like not cringe in a negative way but cringe as in "that's just fucked up" like the arm mutilation scene. Fucking brutal.

Jeremy Saulnier's next film looks pretty interesting. This guy might just pull off a trifecta.

Watched Heredity with Toni Collette last night. It had a good build up but for me it was all hype. There was some suspense but little to no scare and I wasn't overly impressed with the story. The funny story about the trailer being played at the screening of Winnie The Pooh in the UK somewhere was more entertaining than the movie for me. I actually fell asleep towards the end.