The Official Movie Thread

i do quite like the guardian of the galaxy movies tbh, especially the second one. i think james gunn's a smarter writer than the usual (so of course he now got fired for years old offensive tweets) and batista's fucking funny. i also liked LOGAN, more of a low key, 'gritty' character study than the usual marvel fare, hugh jackman had a lot of input apparently.

BLACK PANTHER and the second CAPTAIN AMERICA movie and the third THOR movie and ANT-MAN have their defenders for being different from the norm but i haven't seen any of them.

personally i'm more excited to watch the LEGION tv show than any of the movies. that started last year and got some intriguing reviews, supposedly it's dark and wacky and psychedelic and immersive etc.

Yeah i'll probably check out the Guardian of the Galaxy films. Hopefully those are more of standalone films that are not too tied into the rest of the marvel stuff.

oh i'm a fan of the X-Men movies but haven't seen the last three(The Wolverine, Logan and Apocalypse). Those aren't a part of the MCU as far as i know though. I think that's one of the reasons Hackman got all butthurt and left.

I really like the first two X-Men films and First Class also has it's moments...

Reactions: CiG
Could also be that Jackman had been playing Wolverine since 1999. Maybe he's just tired of the role at this point.

i also liked LOGAN, more of a low key, 'gritty' character study than the usual marvel fare, hugh jackman had a lot of input apparently.

He actually took a pay cut to ensure Logan received an R rating. I remember reading an article about Logan and Jackman had said that Jerry Seinfeld was partly responsible for him leaving the franchise, because Jerry had said he ended his series even though there was still demand and money to keep going because he'd rather end while people still wanted more than end when everybody was sick and tired of him.

Smart move really. Jackman goes out on a wave of disappointment that he'll no longer be Wolverine.

Could also be that Jackman had been playing Wolverine since 1999. Maybe he's just tired of the role at this point.

Maybe, but hes made it clear(numerous times) that he wanted his X-Men/Wolverine run to have some kind of tie in with the rest of the MCU stuff they have going on. He's even basically put out ultimatums that hint at the same thing...

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...-Jackman-Wolverine-Avengers-4-Tom-Hardy-Logan

However Jackman admitted he would consider returning as Wolverine if he could appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, alongside the Avengers."

“It's interesting because for the whole 17 years I kept thinking that would be so great, like I would love to see, particularly, Iron Man and the Hulk and Wolverine together.

“And every time I saw an Avengers movie I could just see Wolverine in the middle of all of them like punching them all on the head.

“But it was like, ‘Oh well, that's not gonna happen,’ and it was interesting just when I first saw that headline, it was just the possibility of it and who knows what's gonna happen, obviously, I was like, ‘Hang on!’

“But I think, unfortunately, the ship has sailed for me, but for someone else I would like to see Wolverine in there.”

2_it-came-from-beneath-the-sea-three-sheet-1955.jpg

not bad 2.5/5.

I was expecting the trio of main characters to break out in some freaky three-way orgy.

Anyone else seen this masterpiece?

SIX FUCKING CAR LENGHTS! I WANT YOU TO GET A MANUEL AND I WANT YOU TO STUDY THAT MUDDAFUCKA!

The story of how Lynch wrote that scene is pretty great in itself. If you haven't heard it, Loggia went in to audition for the role of Frank Booth in Blue Velvet and got sick of waiting around for so long he went on a massive tirade. Lynch always remembered his rant and built that scene around it.

There's a documentary on Friedkin coming soon to a weird streaming platform: https://variety.com/2018/film/news/friedkin-uncut-documentary-tatatu-1202917458/

Reactions: Bloopy and CiG
The story of how Lynch wrote that scene is pretty great in itself. If you haven't heard it, Loggia went in to audition for the role of Frank Booth in Blue Velvet and got sick of waiting around for so long he went on a massive tirade. Lynch always remembered his rant and built that scene around it.

That rules. I love Lynch so much. :lol:

I think most directors would take that to heart and blacklist someone for doing that.

I'm a huge Magneto fan and the way they approached the whole Magento/Sebastain Shaw storyline was fucking superb. And yeah that's the best scene from First Class. Where that coins comes from is very important to the story.

Can't get any better than this as far as his origin story goes imo...
51MM0zNud%2BL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

if you want some fassbender i'd pick DAYS OF FUTURE PAST personally, i think that's arguably the best in the main series (FIRST CLASS has its moments but it's probably my least favourite after THE LAST STAND).

i like LOGAN more than maybe any of them though.

Logan has been my favorite too, largely because the child actor holds her fucking own alongside Jackman and Stewart. Incredibly badass character, and quite simple storyline that manages to extract a lot of power.

I liked Logan a lot myself. Bought it on DVD the moment it was released.

Dafne Keen the child actor is supposed to be starring in that upcoming series His Dark Materials.