The Official Movie Thread

I just watched a horror/thriller called The Descent. Wasn't expecting much at first, but this one turned to be really well done; with conviction, great atmosphere and good acting. Loved it.

Good film, although I was more scared by the bunny-boiling dykes than anything else.

i haven't seen a single david lynch film which is fucking ridiculous by my own admission

according to the always-accurate criticker i'll like mulholland drive most followed by blue velvet, so i'll look for those

also holy fucking shit i want to see no country for old men so badly right now, i haven't looked forward to a film this much in ages, the amount of rave reviews is ridiculous and walter chaw called it a "fucking masterpiece" which means it probably is

Just saw Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

Really good. Jim Carrey made a good art film and plays his role wit a ton of talent.

first time i saw this i was too distracted by my girlfriend which pisses me off in retrospect 'cause i think i wouldve really enjoyed it

i know i'm like quadruple posting here but i've been drinking and you're all fucking boring so fuck you

Amazing amazing film, top 5 of all time for me, and it's the best film I've seen that I don't own. I should probably put that right. I just got Nostalgia in the post, will probably watch it tomorrow, can't wait.

Nostalgia is on my Tarkovsky to watch list, along with The Sacrifice and Mirror.

My interest in Lynch stretches only as far as The Elephant Man and Eraserhead. The rest have no appeal to me.

i haven't seen a single david lynch film which is fucking ridiculous by my own admission

according to the always-accurate criticker i'll like mulholland drive most followed by blue velvet, so i'll look for those

also holy fucking shit i want to see no country for old men so badly right now, i haven't looked forward to a film this much in ages, the amount of rave reviews is ridiculous and walter chaw called it a "fucking masterpiece" which means it probably is

Hell yes. I eagerly await this one.

Few of my friends saw it and thought it was great, said that they followed the story and beefed it up (Hollywood-ized it :p) rather tastefully.

Met someone last night who was like: "Did you know Beowulf was an old english poem before they made the movie?"

We all just made the
hsugh.gif
face

Beowulf was really fucking gay to be honest - still though, I laughed the entire time.

Take a shot of vodka every time you hear the name Beowulf, it's a fun game that won't stop till the movie is over.

"I AM BEOWULF!"
"Lawl, bayo-wolf? what r that?
"Beowulf...BEOWULF!!!!"
"I Beowulf, son of some man whom named me Beowulf, am leader of this band of geats - who trust me, Beowulf, with there Beowulf filled lives - I'm also their Beowulfic leader (it's true, we are led by the mighty Beowulf!), so I Beowoofwoof, will kill your Grendel after I cage him in my Beowulf cage that I Beowulf will make! Because I AM BEOWULF!!"

Yea. GET TO THAT SOON!!

first time i saw this i was too distracted by my girlfriend which pisses me off in retrospect 'cause i think i wouldve really enjoyed it

i know i'm like quadruple posting here but i've been drinking and you're all fucking boring so fuck you

It was a really good movie. I need to see more films like this.

Once Upon a Time in the West Leone, 1968
Civilisation's railroad is creeping up over the hills, and the Old West totters on the brink of extinction. Once Upon a Time... is the dream of one final, glorious swansong, where mythical anti-heroes fight it out across a sweeping backdrop, in a world where those who think with their heads are about to stop losing. Left alive is a lady of civilisation basking in the benefits of progress, and a hero of the old school, purpose extinguished, about to fade into obscurity forever.
9.5/10