The Official Movie Thread

To me Christine needs done to it what they did with the Shinning. Fuck the movie off and make the extended version, call it a mini series or whatever but the extended version of the Shinning actually tells a story not just part of a story.

King books usually make for good movie adaptations.

I think "IT" is a notable exception. The movies aren't bad, but can't possibly do justice to the sprawl of the novel.

I would really like to see a remake of The Running Man. Great story, which was totally mutilated in the dumb Arnie adaptation.

40646297162_5bb06f491a_b.jpg

Saw this for the first time yesterday. I thought it'd be one of those things I'll respect but not particularly like, but I loved it.

That slow opening act establishing the bleakness of this world, the villagers' plight and the difficulty of finding anyone who'll help them really makes the heroism of the eponymous samurai stand out, when they decide to take on a probable suicide mission for meager pay. At the same time, their motivations aren't inexplicable; there's a beautiful scene when six of the seven samurai have been recruited and Kambei reflects on his sorrowful life, and the four others who are aged ronin like him look on in sullen silence, their expressions seeming to imply that their stories are similar. You get the sense that they take on this quest out of world-weariness (which is why Kambei tells Katsuhiro not to come.) And then you have Katsuhiro and Kikuchiyo as outliers with altogether different motivations. What a fucking great cast it is. I didn't think I would get so invested in this story.