The Official Movie Thread

Just a random general question: When I watched "The Crimes of Grindelwald" (which I did enjoy) in the cinema a few days ago, I found it very annoying that the movie was interrupted for 10 minutes somewhere in the middle just to allow people to buy more food. Since I can't remember that this has ever happened before when watching a movie in the cinema, I'm wondering if this is perhaps already common practice in cinemas in other countries?
Intermissions were the norm going back to when they had to change the film reel. I only saw a few when I was a kid so I guess they stopped them about 1990 here. A few boutique cinemas have brought them back as their patrons want the time to buy more booze.

Shit if I'd have known you just wanted dust collectors I could have sold you all my DVD's they come with so much dust on them that it's impossible to read the spines of some of the covers.

It's true, although I am going to blame the dust bunnies, they breed like flaming rabbits!

Finally got around to watching this tonight

hunt-for-the-wilderpeople-poster-5.jpg

Thought it was quite good, was much better than The Happytime Murders thing I watched last week.

Reactions: CiG
an "unrated" version should obviously be horribly inappropriate for children, even without the fact that this is a movie about a freaking serial killer, so the part about "confusing to parents" doesn't fucking make any sense, children shouldn't be seeing an "unrated" version of anything at all anyway, so the MMPA's bitch about the "permit" seems totally fucking pointless and weird, this is as fucking stupid as when those dumb-ass parents took toddlers to the opening day of the fucking Southpark movie

an "unrated" version should obviously be horribly inappropriate for children, even without the fact that this is a movie about a freaking serial killer, so the part about "confusing to parents" doesn't fucking make any sense, children shouldn't be seeing an "unrated" version of anything at all anyway, so the MMPA's bitch about the "permit" seems totally fucking pointless and weird, this is as fucking stupid as when those dumb-ass parents took toddlers to the opening day of the fucking Southpark movie

The MPAA is a fucking inquisition out to stuff its liberal Christian family values down the throats of as many films as it can. It's no surprise, given the fucking Walt Disney company basically controls it (along with a few other white bread studios).

Reactions: CiG
I watched De Palma's Dressed to Kill last night, started off slow (I'm thinking intentionally to contrast with the wild pacing and content of the rest of the film) but by the end I was in love. You can see a lot of what he did with this one went directly into Blow Out, even using the subway as a setting of dread and paranoia in both films.

His exploration of voyeurism and lust is really convincing to me, I need to check out Obsession at some point.