The Official Movie Thread

just watched..
frailty_xlg.jpg

HAVE YOU SEEN GOD??
200.gif

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Green Book and Vice were both crap. Vice was a disorganized mess, and Greek Book was middlebrow Oscar fodder--white guy teaches black guy how to be black.

Yeah watched Green Book, it was formulaic like some average 90's movie.

The Favorite was amazing, loved it. I guess it was still too weird to win an academy award.

But who cares about Oscars at this point?

Reactions: Einherjar86
i'm still gutted sion sono didn't end up directing the lords of chaos like he was originally going to. that would've been the greatest fucking thing ever. still kinda looking forward to it though, i'll be seeing it on thursday night.

i'm still gutted sion sono didn't end up directing the lords of chaos like he was originally going to. that would've been the greatest fucking thing ever. still kinda looking forward to it though, i'll be seeing it on thursday night.

So I read they didn't get the rights to use any Mayhem music in the film? No wonder they didn't win an Oscar like Bohemian Rhapsody :dopey:

Yeah watched Green Book, it was formulaic like some average 90's movie.

The Favorite was amazing, loved it. I guess it was still too weird to win an academy award.

But who cares about Oscars at this point?

Total side point question--but why'd you make your profile the Paul Klee painting?

I love it, just curious.

Total side point question--but why'd you make your profile the Paul Klee painting?

I love it, just curious.

I often have modern art pieces as my avatars because of a galleries or museum I go to or something. I had František Kupka avs couple of times, still have one on last.fm.

This is more specific and a little autistic, as I'm close to being obsessed with one avant-garde composer (Claus-Steffen Mahnkopf) and he draws inspiration from this particular Angelus Novus painting. He's also the reason why I started reading Pynchon's books as I want to find out what "Tristero System" and "The Courier's Tragedy" are about. I know that they're from the Crying of Lot 49 book, but that didn't stop me from getting two of his other novels because I just fucking love to get side-tracked.

Let's face it, one can never absorb all the books/paintings/music one would like to, so I like to find little connections to guide me through. It's seemingly random but often there's an explanation.

It's like listening to Celtic Frost, discovering Giger, then going to a gallery to see his paintings, buying his monography and then marathoning Alien movies, then jacking off to Sigourney Weaver pics on the internet. Life's full of those little connections.

This is more specific and a little autistic, as I'm close to being obsessed with one avant-garde composer (Claus-Steffen Mahnkopf) and he draws inspiration from this particular Angelus Novus painting. He's also the reason why I started reading Pynchon's books as I want to find out what "Tristero System" and "The Courier's Tragedy" are about. I know that they're from the Crying of Lot 49 book, but that didn't stop me from getting two of his other novels because I just fucking love to get side-tracked.

Awesome, I was just wondering. I haven't listened to Mahnkopf; thanks for the reference.

Which two other Pynchon novels did you get? CL49 is manageable in length, but many of his other books are time-consuming mammoths.

It's like listening to Celtic Frost, discovering Giger, then going to a gallery to see his paintings, buying his monography and then marathoning Alien movies, then jacking off to Sigourney Weaver pics on the internet. Life's full of those little connections.

How Pynchonian of you... :D

If you're interested in growing your network of references (and if you didn't already know), Walter Benjamin writes about the Angelus Novus painting in "Theses on the Philosophy of History." It's one of the most famous passages in his work.

Awesome, I was just wondering. I haven't listened to Mahnkopf; thanks for the reference.

Which two other Pynchon novels did you get? CL49 is manageable in length, but many of his other books are time-consuming mammoths.

I finished reading Bleeding Edge, right now I'm reading Vineland. Both of which I managed to find in czech translations. While Bleeding Edge was translated very well, I see some silly misunderstandings in Vineland. Not all of his books have been translated though, so I appreciate the effort. I'm not sure I would fully enjoy his stuff in English original (his english is quite difficult it seems), but I already bought Crying of Lot 49 in original, so we'll see eventually. That one's shorter so it might be the right place to start.

Also, the czech editions are super expensive btw. It can be 5x as much as the original.

How Pynchonian of you... :D

If you're interested in growing your network of references (and if you didn't already know), Walter Benjamin writes about the Angelus Novus painting in "Theses on the Philosophy of History." It's one of the most famous passages in his work.

Interesting, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Einherjar86
Antman and Wasp. Meh
The first Ant-Man movie was better IMO
it was, at first, totally a heist-movie
But Then they did a bending-the-fourth-wall-moment of saying the word "heist" twice in rapid succession,
Immediately After that moment, it some how managed to turn into a super hero movie without doing that weird ass thing of looking like the writer/director changed in the middle of the movie like the "weapon eleven" moment in X-Men Origins Wolverine

Captain Marvel
Avengers: Endgame
Dark Phoenix
The New Mutants
Birds of Prey (PROBABLY)
Wonder Woman 1984
The Suicide Squad (HOPING IT IS BETTER THAN 1ST ONE)
Black Widow
Green Lantern Corps (PROBABLY)
I'm probably gonna eventually see all of them