The Official Movie Thread

I went to see the documentary What We Left Behind: Looking Back At Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in the theater tonight. As a huge Star Trek Deep Space Nine fan, it was a wonderful treat to see this film and I loved it.

AAAADS9.jpg

From what i know it is supposed to be a dark or black comedy of sorts. Its a remake of a Norwegian(?) movie called In Order of Disappearance. I guess I'll find out in a little bit

27505_3_large.jpg

Yeah I've seen the original at some scandinavian movie festival. It was great and I'm not sure why the same director has to make a US remake?

I like Liam Neeson, don't get me wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Filming for the Black Widow movie starts in June according to Johansson herself. I rarely get excited for upcoming comic book movies anymore but this is one I've been wanting since the MCU started.

when Guardians was still filming someone involved in production of that movie said that guardians got green-lit as a straight-up, flat-out, INSTEAD OF a black widow movie getting green-lit, but then everyone forgot about that "leak" because guardians vol 2 officially got a release date a whole fucking week before anyone even actually saw the first one

there was a way-the-fuck earlier version of captain america winter soldier that didn't even have black widow in it at all
but then she ended up getting such a fucking huge-ass amount of screen-time in this movie as a flat-out instead of an actual legit "black widow" movie

Captain Marvel actually got green-lit as a straight-up instead of a black widow movie

IIRC black widow movie didn't even actually get fucking green-lit until after Captain Marvel actually started fucking filming

someone at the top really hates Natasha Romanova

Last edited:
That's good to hear. I wasn't a fan of the second one and I was hoping they didn't completely screw the pooch by making the third.

the first two were both good in their own ways. the first one explores the lore in a much cooler way and just feels like a more fully formed world and story, the second one is emptier but a more vibrant sensory experience with a higher quantity of memorable action sequences. both well above average for what they are, but yeah i lean toward the first one as well, i'm hoping the new one is more like that if pompey loves it.

Reactions: CiG