The Official Movie Thread

i remember liking that one, kind of a malick/korine crossover. i used to adore that guy’s sophomore movie all the real girls when i was a teen but not sure how well it’d hold up now.

My feeling is it's like Kids meets Gummo by way of the southern/black experience, though it doesn't necessarily feel very racial. I haven't finished it yet because some stuff came up, just put it back on now.

I have not . It's going to be bad, in a great and entertaining way or just bad. Michael Parks and Tom Skerritt, usually something entertaining to be found with those guys.
I think i've seen a few masterpieces with Michael Parks lol. Looking forward to seeing that one.

tonight ...

Macon Blair the director of I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore (his directorial debut) is the guy in every Jeremy Saulnier movie (lead in Blue Ruin). Apparently he is writing and directing the new Toxic Avenger movie supposedly out next year. Going to be fucking weird/wild.

Haven’t seen The Nightingale yet, but thought some might find this interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/02/movies/rape-film-nightingale.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

The film has been broadly characterized as a revenge tale, but it is more nuanced than that. Revenge tales typically have a catharsis. “The Nightingale” looks at what happens after revenge is exacted, and the toll it takes when you try to rid yourself of pain by inflicting it on others. Kent latched onto these themes in response to a modern-day world filled with outrage and lashing out.

“I wanted to see what are the other options,” she said, “because clearly we’re going to end our humanity if we choose revenge as an option continuously.”

you should check out mister john sometime, it's british-made but set in singapore and really good and nobody's seen it. best aiden gillen performance i've seen too.

Reactions: CiG