The Official Movie Thread

Directed by Fred Durst
just "directed by fred durst" will prolly make it feel like i'm watching mystery science theater 3000

New Rambo looks fun as fuck. Don’t give a fuck about the political sides people are taking but apparently it has a horror film gore-load and I have to appreciate that.

uuuhhh
IIRC the entire first Rambo movie was really just nothing but Sylvester Stallone killing people....

Only one person is killed by Rambo in First Blood, Jack Starrett.
so maybe i got it mixed up with one of the other rambo movies

i clearly remember a movie where the entire fucking movie is just Sylvester Stallone killing people with machine guns

Because they're probably only familiar with First Blood, or none of the movies at all. Newer reviewers are the main complainers here, which means they probably just watched it to review and never cared to familiarize themselves with the franchise.

Whatever, pearl-clutching fuckheads like them have been whining about violence in cinema forever and all this will do is generate hype and attention for the movie, like the Video Nasty era did for horror movies in the UK.

Newer reviewers are the main complainers here, which means they probably just watched it to review and never cared to familiarize themselves with the franchise
oh, god
this makes me think of those dumb-ass parents who thought the south park movie would be a kids movie just because it was animated
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just "directed by fred durst" will prolly make it feel like i'm watching mystery science theater 3000

uuuhhh
IIRC the entire first Rambo movie was really just nothing but Sylvester Stallone killing people....

Pretty sure that was the 2nd and third movies, particularly the third one.

I just saw Rambo: Last Blood. If you see it once, you will never have to see it again. Even less plot than ever. Everything hinged on yet another teenager making a galactically stupid decision in opposition of every bit of wizened knowledge of people who know better.

Oh and I watched Avengers: Endgame. The haters can hate all they want, but I love the movie.
for me personnally
my big problem was the way that time-travel in the movie was completely different than the way it would have happened in the comic
if that story had been a comic, they would have just killed thanos 2 seconds before the snap
and then have everyone continue living in a world where the snap didn't happen

the problem i had with the movie was the fact that they made this 5-year-gap between the people turning into dust and those people returning to life

from a making-future-movies stand-point
this 5-year-gap makes absolutely no fucking sense unless you're planning on making a bunch of MCU movies that take place within that 5-year gap,
but even if you're planning on making movies that happen durring the 5-year-gap
(pretty sure black widdow movie will happen durring the 5-year-gap)
this 5-year-gap thing will still get problematic

Just got back from Last Blood. Haven't seen the older movies in forever so I can't compare but I thought it was pretty great tbh. The execution could've been better (hackneyed dialogue, stock soundtrack, etc.) but at it's core it's still a successful, gritty, toothed exploitation movie. It honest-to-god reminded me of You Were Never Really Here at times (it even had Rambo raid a whorehouse with a hammer at one point) but with all the gruesome, cathartic violence that movie deliberately left off-screen. I had a blast. And lol @ all the woke critics accusing it of being racist for utilizing one of the most vile organizations on the planet as its villain.