The Official Movie Thread

6338706184773746677.jpg

Apparently in the next Suicide Squad project Idris Elba is replacing Will Smith.

Gambit is cancelled?

Last time I read anything it said it was still happening, but they had put a hold on its development due to some behind-the-scenes issues and would be released later than originally planned.

A Bloodshot movie???

Very few details yet but... Vin Diesel. :lol:

I also read just now that Sony's Marvel Universe is planning to adapt Kraven's Last Hunt into a movie. :kickass:

No this was definitely a white dude, kind of looked like Brolin. Maybe a Cable(marvel) movie?

I honestly have no idea haha. But speaking of Josh Brolin, they need to make a fucking Cable movie! I'm pretty sure the planned X-Force movie got cancelled...

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I haven't read the graphic novel so I can't say if it deviates or not. But as to how it's more Cronenberg than people think, the way it deals with identity and perception make it fit right in with the likes of Dead Ringers and Spider.

man what a stretch to compare dead ringers to a history of violence. are you including face-off as well? :lol:

No one here saw Joker over the weekend?

I saw it. It was alright. Definitely a hell of a lot bleaker than I expected. Kudos for them to go with such a dark tone, but the climax scene was kind of poorly done in my opinion. If they had done it differently I think I’d like the movie much more.

Reactions: Einherjar86
Idris Elba was originally cast to replace Will Smith as Deadshot, but that plan was soon changed and he'll be playing a different character in the next Suicide Squad film.

Reactions: CiG
71AQ895OKFL._SY445_.jpg

Does this really deserve to be called a classic? I'm sure it was groundbreaking for its time, but I thought the "Mr. and Mrs. Perfect" ambassador and wife were blandly written characters, and Peck's acting was stodgy. The themes and cinematography are great though.

I saw it. It was alright. Definitely a hell of a lot bleaker than I expected. Kudos for them to go with such a dark tone, but the climax scene was kind of poorly done in my opinion. If they had done it differently I think I’d like the movie much more.

I thought it was a hot mess. Not bad, just poorly assembled. I felt like they gave Arthur Fleck very few good lines, and the climax was underwhelming.

Watching

9547_1_large.jpg

Reactions: CiG
I saw Joker yesterday. The plot had quite a bit of cliche, but I liked the mood/atmosphere, and loved Phoenix's acting. I don't think you can expect the world from a movie whose goal is to create a plausible backstory for a cheesy comic book villain. They did a pretty good job for what they were working with.

I thought it was a hot mess. Not bad, just poorly assembled. I felt like they gave Arthur Fleck very few good lines, and the climax was underwhelming.

Not saying you're wrong, but I wouldn't have singled Arthur's lines out of a list of criticisms. He's supposed to be an awkward guy who sucks at expressing himself. He can't exactly be full of wit.

Last edited: