The Official Movie Thread

Watching

pEgq4Dn.jpg

fan made trailer

:err:

Watched during the last week.

The Lighthouse -What the fuck was this movie about? Still not sure what I watched.

Fright Night - Classic, one of my favorites from the 80s.

April Fool's Day - Enjoyed this, especially since the Psych Episode Friday the 17th is a homage to 80s horror movies.

Friday the 13th VI Jason Lives - Storyline is entertaining enough to keep it interesting. Tame compared to others in this series.

Ghost Story (1981) I have wanted to see this since reading the book by Peter Straub a few years ago. Seems like a forgotten movie that I have never seen mentioned or discussed. Maybe my memory is shoddy because I remember a different ending in the book than what was shown here.

Saw the movie Winchester about the infamous Winchester House in San Jose, California. Just ok, I only finished it because I have visited and done the tour of the house.

I saw the trailer for the new Tom Hanks movie News of the World. Thought it looked pretty good. It is due out at Christmas. I probably won't see it in the theater but when it hits PPV, I'm almost certainly going to check it out.

53c81e56-0432-4b4e-9cbd-c39611d2c4e8

Indie cinema near me showed this. It felt like an endurance test at first, the first story seemed to go on forever and I actually fell asleep during the second story and missed most of it. The third (and by far longest) story however is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen in my life, basically doom metal in cinema form, with phantasmal depictions of the aftermath of battle that remind me of the best parts of Kurosawa's Ran. The fourth story is slight but ends things on a high note.

53c81e56-0432-4b4e-9cbd-c39611d2c4e8

Indie cinema near me showed this. It felt like an endurance test at first, the first story seemed to go on forever and I actually fell asleep during the second story and missed most of it. The third (and by far longest) story however is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen in my life, basically doom metal in cinema form, with phantasmal depictions of the aftermath of battle that remind me of the best parts of Kurosawa's Ran. The fourth story is slight but ends things on a high note.

Yep Hoichi the Earless is amazing stuff. I'd probably have the second one The Woman in the Snow next.

Speaking of folk horror, watched this Russian classic the other day. Pretty advanced special effects for its day and has some iconic scenes but not sure much of it will stay with me beyond that.
e17473d68e8b0f15043c0cbdb3fcf4cb.jpg