The Official Movie Thread

Woman in the Snow seems pretty popular based on the reviews I read, seems I picked the wrong story to fall asleep during :lol: Gonna have to download the movie and rewatch that one at home.

Yesterday I watched a bunch of horrors to make up for watching barely any during the entire month, It Follows, Kill Baby Kill and Diabolical Dr. Z all for the first time, and Meet the Feebles again though it's not really a horror lol.

Highlight though was Kiss of the Damned by Xan Cassavetes. As much as vampire films are played out, I still get a lot of satisfaction from watching one that tries to do something interesting with it. Sucks that it doesn't seem like she's done anything since 2012 when she released this movie.

Edit: Randomly discovered this new director, checking out his debut from a couple of years ago.

QOHB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: rms
Watched the following yesterday while doing work for school:

Clue - I have lost count of the number of times I have seen it. The ending with Ms. Scarlet as the murderer makes the most sense.

Evil Dead II - Dead by Dawn, Dead by Dawn! How many metal bands were inspired to write songs and albums due to this movie?

Army of Darkness - Used to be my favorite but as I get older I find myself enjoying the first Evil Dead the most.

Reactions: CiG
‘The Lair’ Marks Neil Marshall’s “True Return to Full-Blooded Horror”.
“The story centers on a downed Royal Air Force pilot who escapes a terrifying bunker in Afghanistan containing mutant man-made biological weapons and unwittingly brings the creatures back to a US Army base.”

“If The Reckoning was a gothic drama in testament to the power and resilience of women, then The Lair is my true return to full-blooded horror and intense genre action in the style of Dog Soldiers, The Descent and Doomsday,” said Marshall.

“I’m making something scary as hell, pulse-pounding and great fun. This is a crowd pleaser. An adrenaline-pumping roller-coaster ride. Spectacular and loud; inspired by classic genre movies like Aliens, Predator and The Thing and their incredible use of practical creature FX.”

So I watched The Dead Don't Die. At first I was like "what's the big deal this ain't so bad" and then Jarmusch started huffing his farts and giggling to himself over inside jokes nobody gets and the whole thing vanished up its own anus. I wouldn't say it was terrible but it was definitely a pretentious clusterfuck and had more in common with Return of the Living Dead and its mockery of horror and disregard for established genre rules hidden beneath a thin veneer of horror fandom than anything Romero ever did.

That said, casting Tom Waits in the role of Radagast the Brown was a genius move.

11527994-3x2-940x627.jpg

Noomi Rapace Enters a Post-Apocalyptic Endless Winter in Thriller ‘Black Crab’ for Netflix.
“Set in a post-apocalyptic world during an endless winter, the film follows six soldiers who are sent on a dangerous mission across the frozen sea to transport a package that could finally end the war.”

The Swedish film, in the words of producer Mattias Montero, is said to “show what happens to humanity when chaos arrives,” from a Scandinavian perspective.

are-you-hopeful-for-prometheus-2-462769.jpg

Björk to Play a Witch in Robert Eggers' The Northman, First Set Photos Arrive.
Björk has joined the cast of Robert Eggers' upcoming The Northman. This is the Icelandic musician/actress' first movie role since 2005's experimental art film Drawing Restraint 9. Björk will star in Eggers' upcoming project, which takes place in the 10th century, alongside Nicole Kidman, Alexander Skarsgard, Willem Dafoe, Anya Taylor-Joy, and Ethan Hawke. The movie has been described as a historical Viking revenge movie and Björk will be playing a witch in it. Skarsgard plays a Nordic prince who seeks revenge after his father is murdered. No other details about the movie have been revealed at this time.

This cast is pretty crazy.

The-Death-of-Dick-Long-movie-poster.jpg

.....lol, the singer from Nickelback and his friend skinny Kenny Powers anonymously dump their other friend not-Kenneth Pinyan off at a hospital very badly injured in the early hours of the morning. What ensues is a small town clusterfuck police procedural where all the female characters honestly outshine the male ones (even the little girl who seems to be the finest investigative mind of the whole cast). My one beef is that the tone is a bit awkward to me, what would have made it better is going a bit darker/weirder or going the other way towards more comedic. Overall I enjoyed it though and in one scene at a bar "Lawnmower Man" by Gucci Mane is playing so... bonus points.

I tried to watch Guns Akimbo but after about 20 minutes I tapped out. That shit sucked.

About to check out:

MV5BMDkwNjk1YmUtYzcwMy00NmYwLWI4NjEtOWM0NTUyZDZjZjk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI3NDAyNg@@._V1_.jpg

View attachment 26600

.....lol, the singer from Nickelback and his friend skinny Kenny Powers anonymously dump their other friend not-Kenneth Pinyan off at a hospital very badly injured in the early hours of the morning. What ensues is a small town clusterfuck police procedural where all the female characters honestly outshine the male ones (even the little girl who seems to be the finest investigative mind of the whole cast). My one beef is that the tone is a bit awkward to me, what would have made it better is going a bit darker/weirder or going the other way towards more comedic.

pretty much how i feel lol

<3

Reactions: CiG